The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » An idea that needs a story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I Love the scound hand shops. I find Tons of great props. About a Year ago I got a small
(3" high) pewter goblet. I did not know what I was going to use it for but got it anyway. Well it has been stuck in the back of my mind since then. I was recently watching a movie about Brian, the leprechaun king and thought of an effect but am struggling on the patter and story line. Here is what I have;

I show the Goblet tell about it being a gift from king Brian... Asked how no one ever gets his gold to which he says the hide it in plain site shows the goble empty then turns it over to pour out gold coins.
HELP,
WR Smile

The gold coins would come from a TT.
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
Here's the barest skeleton that will need much fleshing out.

Some mortal comes upon the Leprechaun King Brian, who offers him a challenge: If the traveller can guess the answer to a riddle he will get Brian's gold. But if not in three tries, a dire price (Death? Loss of soul?) will be exacted. Brian pours whisky into his cup and asks his riddle. (And you pour some liquid into your goblet.) The human guesses. "Wrong!" laughs Brian, as he drains his cup in one draught, and refills it. The human guesses again. "Wrong again!" roars Brian, as he empties and refills his cup. The human is wracking his brain. He can't think. "Well?" asks Brian. "What is your third guess?" The cup is drained of its contents and slammed down on the table. Light dawns in the traveller's mind. "The answer is... A CUP!" He grabs the cup and turns it over and the gold coins spill out.

I can't help with the riddle - by which I mean the old fashioned rhyme of a hundred years ago variety, not the why-did-the-chicken-cross-the-road variety. But I bet a bit of web research might turn one up whose answer is cup. Drinking from the cup shows it's both "ordinary" and "empty" without saying either. And Brian's drinking certainly fits in with the leprechaun legend.

I hope this helps, and that someone else in the Café can help with the riddle. I thinik you've struck gold (all puns intended).
Smile
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Thanks,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » An idea that needs a story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL