The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Maven Multiplicity dvd from LLPub (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
This was just mentioned on The Genii Forum, but L and L put up a second demo video showing two other routines. It's on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuzC5rJJnQ
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 14:08, Domino Magic wrote:
This was just mentioned on The Genii Forum, but L and L put up a second demo video showing two other routines. It's on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuzC5rJJnQ

Thank you for taking the time to share that. My order is now in.
~Joe
Dompa
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
249 Posts

Profile of Dompa
Does anyone know if this will be available from murphysmagic.com???
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2010-10-25 17:42, Dompa wrote:
Does anyone know if this will be available from murphysmagic.com???

It always does
Dompa
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
249 Posts

Profile of Dompa
Quote:
It always does

Hope so! Thanks for the fast reply!
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1436 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Llpublishing sent me an email saying
That it will ship nov 1
Axel
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin
440 Posts

Profile of Axel
Mr. Burger's reaction on "handout" is really nice.
And the performance is really charming and with a nice sense of humor.
Looks great!

Best,

Lexa
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
642 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Very nice. This is sure to be good.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4984 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
This is on my wishlist after watching the great trailers.
Max is superb, as always.
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
Just got this. So far, GREAT DVD, BUT Max does NOT explain the effect with the 2 bags and the brick. that's certainly his right, but I wish he would have included a "performance only" tag for that effect because I feel rather frustrated by that not being explained.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
That is very unfortunate, because this is fabulous effect, superbly presented on the demo.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I'm sure many people[me] loved the look of the 2 bag effect.It's what made me buy the set. The 5 coin effect is everything I hate about Ev.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
I'm very disappointed that the brick effect is not explained, but this is still a superb release. In particular, the "song title" presentation (forgot the title) has REALLY got me excited in a number of different directions. GREAT DVD so far, with one glaring fault (in my view).
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2534 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2010-11-05 17:58, Cris Johnson wrote:
I'm very disappointed that the brick effect is not explained, but this is still a superb release. In particular, the "song title" presentation (forgot the title) has REALLY got me excited in a number of different directions. GREAT DVD so far, with one glaring fault (in my view).

I believe its "Tune-Up"

That one glaring fault is huge.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1439 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I've learned so much from Max Maven, enough to last a lifetime, so it's difficult for me to criticize. But I too am extremely disappointed that the brick effect is performance only. It's not as much that it's not explained, because Max has every right to be the one to decide what he wants to share and what he chooses not to share. BUT, the way the effect is used to sell the DVD, it just seems wrong to me.

Thinking through the possible justification for this, I'd say that only performing the first effect and not explaining it demonstrates that a simple 50/50 proposition, presented correctly, can indeed make a strong impact. We who are upset that the effect is not explained are proof of that!

That said, it's still a terrific DVD. A wonderful value.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I believe Mindbender is correct. It illustrates that a 50/50 choice presented correctly can be very powerful.

Robert
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
The DVD has a fantastic, honest review here in the review section http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&3 and certainly worth continuing the conversation over there as well.

The fact that the brick routine wasn't included in the explanations didn't bother me because it wasn't the only routine from the demo videos that wasn't explained. There was another routine taken from the Tour De Force section(the routines that were performed but not explained)that was included on the demo. Max gave us everything we needed to understand how to perform all these routines, including the brick routine. I worked out a way to do it. The method is there. The whole DVD is about the method. You just need to work out the script.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2534 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2010-11-06 16:56, Domino Magic wrote:
The DVD has a fantastic, honest review here in the review section http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=111&3 and certainly worth continuing the conversation over there as well.

The fact that the brick routine wasn't included in the explanations didn't bother me because it wasn't the only routine from the demo videos that wasn't explained. There was another routine taken from the Tour De Force section(the routines that were performed but not explained)that was included on the demo. Max gave us everything we needed to understand how to perform all these routines, including the brick routine. I worked out a way to do it. The method is there. The whole DVD is about the method. You just need to work out the script.

Working out the routine is not the issue imo. The Demo helped make the sell, but I believe we wanted to see the out. Its what he says and the result.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
But the same can be said for the other routine that was part of the demo that wasn't explained on the DVD.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2534 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2010-11-06 17:33, Domino Magic wrote:
But the same can be said for the other routine that was part of the demo that wasn't explained on the DVD.

It was the Brick that sold it imho. The other wasn't as strong. Like I said, working the 50/50 is not the issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Max Maven Multiplicity dvd from LLPub (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL