The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Woo-hooo! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
188 Posts

Profile of the dealer
This post is only to share my enthusiasm, and to get these feelings out with those of you who would understand.(if I had shared this with my wife, she's probably hit herself in the head with the claw end of a hammer)...after a bit research and trial and error ive come up with my own stack that I'm very excited about(a stack that fits my needs of course)...

its features are as follows:
setup from NDO(takes about 30 to 40 sec)
random appearance
a number of cards can be spelled to(with no displacement of cards)
built in poker deal(no displacement of cards)
built in bridge deal
built in rummy deal
everything else that can be done with a memdeck

I have yet to discover additional things that can be performed with this stack!

WHY I came up with a stack like this:
First, my stack of choice before this was the aronson stack(interestingly enough, I started with mnemonica and I still have it memorized). my only concern was that it couldn't be setup from NDO. ive lived with it and believe me, no spectator cares if it was setup from NDO. I love the built in features that comes with the Aronson stack, especially the fact that cards can be spelled to and poker hands dealt with no displacing of cards. Mnemonica is great in the fact that it can begin and end in NDO, my only concern with it being setup from NDO is that for me, it just takes too long!

NDO to Mnemonica:
convert american NDO to european NDO
4 faros
overhand shuffle on half the deck
another faro(partial)
and finish

when doing this in front of spectators, its too long!remember, its just MY OPINION, so some of you may not even care. And after some performances, ending with the deck in NDO is no more powerful of an ending than say shufflebored or a single hand bridge deal. ending in NDO at one point was a seller for me, not anymore. Also, I know that Mnemonica has poker deals and cards spelled to, but I don't like the displacing of cards

again, some of you may disagree with what ive said to be sure, you are entitled to your own opinions, this post was merely a vent if I may say....hahaha....regardless, thank you all for listening and for your posts on this forum as well...

keep stacking,
the mnemonist
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Nice, sounds like it's good, good stuff. I have nothing against the 'classics' but with that fast setup from NDO and buit-in features you have quite a worker there.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Mnemonist,

Do you have any plans to publish this at some point? I would venture to say that there is always room for more memdeck systems.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
tomboston
View Profile
New user
Fort Lauderdale, FL
90 Posts

Profile of tomboston
Mnemonist,

Your stack sounds great!
Do you have an "Any Poker Hand Called For" type of effect? That is one of my favorites from Mnemonica since most of my friends play poker.

Tom
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
I am impressed when I hear people re-learning their stack.

I was just thinking what it would take for me to undertake something like that (I really like the AS)... maybe if someone invents a stack that will levitate due to ordering of the cards I will consider it Smile [there are 52! possibilities, 1 might well fly or instantly combust]
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
188 Posts

Profile of the dealer
@tomboston-i do have a number of poker deals built into my stack, but not necessarily an any hand called for(at least I havent discovered yet), seems as if you have the mnemonica stack in your aresenal, more than enough!!!!
tomboston
View Profile
New user
Fort Lauderdale, FL
90 Posts

Profile of tomboston
Mnemonist,

I was just wondering if you had a way to do an any hand called for routine without the displacement of the cards like you must do using Mnemonica.

If I may ask, does your setup from NDO involve many faros???

Tom
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Gotta admit..this sounds pretty sweet. I'm a mem deck junkie anyways Smile Got any plans for this?
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
188 Posts

Profile of the dealer
@tomboston-dont wanna give away too much, but, it does involve some faros. nothing you cant handle, especially since you work with mnemonica

@bobby-thanks, I'm excited, drawback is, since I'm the only one working on this, finding other things that can be accomplished with my stack is going to take a while. unlike aronson and mnemonica, stacks that have been around a long time and have many other contributors. but its ok..haha...i remember in other post that you work with the hacker stack, so I know you like the fact that you can get into it from NDO in little time.
tomboston
View Profile
New user
Fort Lauderdale, FL
90 Posts

Profile of tomboston
Thanks, but I would have trouble doing 4 faros in front of an audience... So I don't!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Woo-hooo! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL