The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cig Up Nose (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
This effect looks awesome. It's truly the most amazing piece of visual magic I've ever seen. The description is dead on. Your audience actually sees the cigarette slowly go inch by inch into your nostril(or ear if you so choose) until it's all the way up your nose and gone.

As far as product longevity, I don't believe it's bulit to last. I think one aspect of the gimmick could wear out very quickly. But time will tell.

Lastly, don't expect a totally new gimmick. This is an old gimmick combined with an even older gimmick making for one incredible looking effect. And that's all that's important.

It seems every big name magician is thowing out superlatives
for even the most average of effects these days. For Cig up Nose, believe the hype.
Hats off to Gary Kosnitzky!
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
grahamk5
View Profile
New user
Accra, Ghana (ex-London, UK)
89 Posts

Profile of grahamk5
I'm guessing a jacket is needed for this? Unfortunately, I never wear one!
Graham
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1511 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Can someone verify if a jacket is needed or required?
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
Most long sleeved shirts or sweaters should work.
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
529 Posts

Profile of sludge
It's a really nice looking effect and spectacular at the right time and place. Unfortunately my gimmick didn't last a whole day Smile
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Sludge,
I don't think that is fair to people who might buy this. When you first get this and are practicing this is a hazard. People should know how easily this can be fixed. When they get the hang of this they will find that this is nothing more than care and mantenance of their prop. This is very well made and looks incredible! It just takes a little practice to get the exact feel for. Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I played around with this idea and even had it set up to go in my book. The price is a wee bit steep for the method, though I'm sure the gimmick is quite bit more sturdy than what I made. Really good idea, glad it is being popularized.

Jakks
Bram Charles
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
5 Posts

Profile of Bram Charles
I have a cigarette up the nose and it works great! I actually use it as my opener in my stage act here in Las Vegas. It does not need to be done with a jacket, a loose long sleeve shirt will suffice. You can do it strolling or on stage. It is extremely visual magic at its best. Well worth the price at thirty bucks. If you saw the workmanship that goes into each one of these things, you'd buy one on the spot - everyone who saw it at the S.A.M. convention sure did! If I can put something in my show it's not just worth what I paid for it, its worth a thousand bucks to me.

The poster that said that their "cigarette up the nose" broke must have got hit by a truck! These things are pretty indestructable and hand crafted to perfection. I happen to know Gary quite well, and I'm sure that if your gimmick is really broken, Gary would be more than happy to send you a new one if you sent him your broken gimmick and a letter explaining how yours broke. He's good like that.

Do not confuse this with the sleight of hand version, the audience actually sees the cigarette going up your nose in stages. You CAN NOT duplicate this effect (via sleight of hand) by putting a real cigarette up your knows filter end first like a previous poster suggested. You wouldn't see the cigarette going up your nose in stages. This method is very CLEAN. Highly recommended!
Sam Griffin
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Griffin
I'm a smoker and this would be great to do every time i reach into my smoke packet...Can this be done on the streets in an improvised situation?
Whats the set up like?
Thanks
Regards,
Sam Griffin
"When we are on stage, we are in the here and now."
"The eye is the window of your soul."

"The PERFORMER must BELIEVE in everything that takes place on the stage, only then will the AUDIENCE BELIEVE!
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1920 Posts

Profile of Platt
The handling is not quite as improvisional and free as you might like. You can't just casually pull out a cigarette and do this. That's my one problem with this. You must start in a fairly stiff position. The solution, of course, is not calling attention to the cigarette or the fact that you're about to do something with it. You just have it in your hand and do it. That said, I still love this effect. It looks truly impossible. The cigarette goes slowy up your nose and finally all the way in. As visual as it gets. It's a beautiful thing.

Quote:
On 2003-07-31 12:21, Sam Griffin wrote:
I'm a smoker and this would be great to do every time i reach into my smoke packet...Can this be done on the streets in an improvised situation?
Whats the set up like?
Thanks
Regards,
Sam Griffin
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1511 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Can it be done in short sleeves while doing street magic? Right now it is very hot and I wear short sleeves when I am strolling.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
No, you must have long sleeves or a jacket. But don't let that stop you. Just practice until winter! Smile

Jakks
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
It might be possible to get this to work going in front of or behind the neck. Don't know how to say it really without saying too much. I don't know how well this would work, I have never played around with a (gimmick name) without long sleeves. It was just a thought that it might be a workable alternative.
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
529 Posts

Profile of sludge
ok, it seems my gimmick was faulty so it seems no fault with the quality of the gimmick itself. And the retailer is going to replace it for me. Smile
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
I bought this effect and it's very good!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's excellent. Worth the price? It's well made, so yes it is.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
bielke
View Profile
New user
Germany
57 Posts

Profile of bielke
can i do it with a pencil instead of a cig.?

pierre
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Pierre,

No, you can't - you receive a specially gimmicked cigarette.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cig Up Nose (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL