The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » How Copperfield Really Flies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
561 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
I’ve been reading hundreds of posts lately about people speculating how David Copperfield was able to fly in his TV Special, and quite frankly, I’m tired of reading about it so I’m going to set the record straight by telling the exact truth and exposing the diabolical secret, even if it means I lose the privilege of posting here. Now, the truth can finally be known.

This reliable information comes from a personal friend of mine who knows a guy who lives next to a person who works with the half sister of a hairdresser that used to do the hair for the wife of one of Copperfield’s van driver’s step brothers, so you KNOW it has to be true.

First, Mr. Copperfield tried to improve on the floating dollar bill idea, substituting himself for the dollar bill, but he found he was too heavy and the IT broke each time. So, after about dropping only about 17 million dollars in research, he had some scientists at NASA invent a bio-molecular anti-gravity milk shake. The shake works on the same principles of metasymbioc carbohydric ionization and essentially increases the molecular weight of the iron in the blood and at the same time expanding fat tissue with excess gaseous air (a result of conglopyopyosiomosis). Then in conjunction with a giant electro magnetic that is specially calibrated to attract shifted iron particles in human cells, David was indeed able to use a single strand of IT to help give the illusion of levitation (the IT is attached to David’s belt buckle with a glob of Michael Ammar’s Magician’s wax).

The thread is manipulated off stage by an expert puppeteer who is skilled in the arts of ballet dance and the entire fairy, Peter-Pan like sequence is choreographed by the famed Lee ‘Klonsoni’ Bouchard (who helped teach Christopher Reeve to fly in the Superman movies). In essence, Copperfield functions like a giant helium balloon, except he is worth a lot more money and is not nearly as round.

The busy background of the theater curtains is only a clever use of misdirection. Copperfield wants you to believe that it’s camouflage for some sort of childish dirty work such as cables or wires, but, ha ha, he is fooling magicians and laymen alike! How do you think he can fly outdoors? How do you think he can fly with a bedazzled attractive spectator in his arms? How do you think he can fly up the side of buildings with no visual means of support? The shake, boys. The shake.

The shake itself can be extremely dangerous if used improperly. First an exact dosage must be used, as too much will result in hemorrhagic bloating, and too little causes massive, painful gas. A full gallon of Pepto Bismol and 1000 mg of Tagamet must be consumed one hour before ingestion to retard the undesirable side effects of the shakes main ingredient, rytylisticolycincyniroplythioticythethymen.

And don’t think for a moment that NASA didn’t consider sharing their little gravity defying wonder with other interested parties. After being approached by every magician in the world (as well as Michael Jackson, Elton John, and Magic Johnson), they refused to sell the ingredients to the shake for fear of being sued into oblivion by Copperfield’s army of amazingly high priced lawyers. The U.S. Military quickly confiscated the formulated recipe to the shake (but not before Copperfield was able to secretly copy it using a swami gimmick) and is still conducting top-secret warfare research with the shake now known as Project HighFly.

So please, keep this diabolical secret to yourself. It can’t be bought. It can’t be duplicated. Copperfield won’t live to see 50, because the long-term effects of the shake are still unknown, and it’s not even FDA approved. Hope this info helped and puts an end to all the ridiculous speculation. Now the truth is known.

Oh yeah, they only put milk and vanilla ice cream in it to counter the awful taste, which was described by Copperfield as,
“reminiscent of thumb tip sweat.”
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Why on earth are you revealing the secret? See the sections on this BBS about Exposing Magic and the Masked Magician.

Are you the Masked Magician going under the assumed name of "fingerjack?"

I sure hope the Magic Café Staff finds this post and deletes it before the world gets to know how it was done!
Smile Smile Smile
Dennis Michael
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
Thanks for enlightening us, fingerjack. And to think I thought he did it by cheating! Just shows how wrong one can be.
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
As an undesirable side-effect I've been told that excessive consumption of the anti-gravity milk shakes can cause one to become "light in the loafers", though I have absolutely no idea what that means...

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Jason Fleming
View Profile
Veteran user
Marooned, Hawaii
374 Posts

Profile of Jason Fleming
Aw ******!

I guess I'll stop working on my lighting-the-flatulence theory...

:sun:
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I heard the secret was much simpler, he just inserted a large ball-bearing up his......... Smile
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Are you saying it was all done with magnets?
Dennis Michael
stevenking
View Profile
New user
Cleveland, England
61 Posts

Profile of stevenking
I'd heard a rumor that he wasn't floating in the air ... he had in fact made a large swimming pool on stage and was swimming underwater!

Regards

Steven King
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
Toluca Lake CA
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
This is for fingerjack --tell Copperfield that he can use Beano Smile
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
Quote:
On 2002-04-15 23:16, fingerjack wrote:
the undesirable side effects of the shakes main ingredient, rytylisticolycincyniroplythioticythethymen.

I thunked that had 2 p's
He who laughs, lasts.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
561 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
You're right. Good eye Mr. Ed. That was a typo. The correct spelling is:

rytylisticoplycincyniroplythioticythethymen.

Thanks for keeping me honest.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
DarryltheWizard
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of DarryltheWizard
I was talking to a delivery guy that was hired by Copperfield to sit on a couch while it levitated. He was paid about $300.00 for several minutes and had to sign an oath of secrecy statement. He did not reveal how the effect was accomplished, but he was told he was the right size and weight for the effect. I enjoyed reading the weird, scientific explanation for the "Copperfield Flying".

Quite often when people ask you how something is done, you can also fabricate weird explanations. "It's all accomplished with cyclotronic nuclear disynthesizers!"
Darryl the Wizard Smile Smile
DarryltheWizard
"Life without mystery is like a candle
with a snuffed out flame." Albert Einstein
Mack Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
The Burgh' Pittsburgh, PA
268 Posts

Profile of Mack Magic
Smile
Haha. Thanks, I needed a good laugh. And the whole time I thought it was actually magic.. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
* "May your life be like toliet paper..long and useful."
* "If the shoe fits, get another one just like it."
* "Use the talents you have, for the woods would be a very silent place if only the best birds sang!"
armagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of armagic
Smile Smile Smile
I tried it out; it works great! To think it was as simple as rytylisticoplycincyniroplythioticythethymen.

Wow, sometimes you overlook the easiest methods.
mr.t.ricks
View Profile
New user
CARDIFF SOUTH WALES
41 Posts

Profile of mr.t.ricks
Smile I'm gob smacked

regards

mr.t.ricks

Smile Smile
regards to all

MR.T.RICKS
Sybilmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
275 Posts

Profile of Sybilmagic
I heard that he floated on invisible blocks of air on the stage. The sad thing is I thought I could actually find the secret on the web.
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
He simply has a several mile deep hole dug under each theatre he works in, and a massive elevator installed.

When he is ready to do the levitaion, his assistants simply lower the theatre rapidly and he appears to levitate.

Next year- the vanishing theatre...

Use one gimmick for two tricks, I'm surprised he hasn't thought of it yet.

Uhhh- I have to e-mail him right now to sell this idea to him, anyone got his address?
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
I did hear that an excess of gas inside of David was used, but I had atributed it to a healthy dose of beans 'n' chilli!

Now I know better, it was rytylisticoplycincyniroplythioticythethymen
all along!

Dare I even ask how he walked through the Great Wall?! I thought it had something to do with using hair product as a lubricant. Also, as David seems to take everything one step further I had assumed that he applied the 'Pack flat - Play Big' theory to his own body, but its probably got more to do with methinntilicanfitthruenithing.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
Back in my days of working in "Ye Old Magic Shop", I was asked how magicians floated almost every day. To each wide eyed customer, I very earnestly, and with hushed tone, told them about helium pills.

"But how did David Copperfield do it?" they always asked.

"The ones he uses are so potent, he can only perform it once a week, and even I can't get ahold of them."

What concerned me was how many full grown adults believed it!

Sable
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
*scraps his plans of lauching theatres into orbit mid-act.*
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » How Copperfield Really Flies (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL