The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Another blog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
578 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
That's a bit of a mouthful Glenn.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
In light of what is said after 'I choose not to talk about it', it would make sense to delete that phrase, though of course sense is the last thing expected from you.

Was it after you 'left' for the 3rd or 4th time?
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
... and deleted all of your and everybody elses post's (without warning) in your section; which by the way was given to you on your first day by the very person you are bad mouthing now?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
That's a great point Mr. Salguod. I do remember him doing that. Then as Destiny said, he did leave about 3 or 4 times. It's not very nice to be now slagging off the guy who actually gave him his own room to play in, and from what I understand has never said a bad word about him ever. Smile
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I was there so I know. Did you notice that no one brought it up until you started bad mouthing? Normally when someone says they don't want to talk about it they don't. But you decided to throw a snide remark in after saying so.

I am having the hardest time trying to understand you as an individual. Do you see yourself always as the victim? Do you now consider me a bully? I'm very frustrated that I can't relate to you. By no means do I doubt your skills, credentials, or history. I don't have an axe to grind with you, but I can't sit idly by why you try to blame a site that tried so hard to give you the benefit of the doubt. Is there no introspective here or am I talking to a wall? Seriously, please don't read any venom in this post for there is none. I'm truly baffled.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
So why do you let them get to you and push your buttons? Would you mind clarifying about the insulting even in fun comment? I bring it up because I know a lot of us wanted to talk freely to you but were very hesitant because we didn't know how you were going to react. Some people did cross the line with you but most of us were trying to bring you into the group. Sometimes we tease and torment each other but it is all in jest.

I believe that you are a very easy person to get along in real life. I met an Airmen here in Kuwait that had met you and was singing your praises (he's from Chicago). It is this virtual environment where things go askew. Thank you for your response and I know you could have just chosen to not reply at all.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 12:53, Salguod Nairb wrote:
So why do you let them get to you and push your buttons?

I think my question would be - Why would anyone want to "push my buttons" even in jest? I think the answer to your question is the same - if not close to the answer of my question.

Quote:
On 2012-08-12 12:53, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Some people did cross the line with you but most of us were trying to bring you into the group. Sometimes we tease and torment each other but it is all in jest.

Well I thought I answerd that above - I am not into teasing and torment of me even in jest. And and when it is directed toward me - lets just say I lose my intrest very fast.

I would rather talk magic than be teased and tormented by others... As you might say after "strike three" I left.

The funny thing is "all" of it could have been avoided...
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
On that I agree: "All of it could be avoided"

See now, I do understand. It is more about ground rules. There are some things you just don't say or mention to some people. Everybody knows someone that fits that description. Most people just say don't go there. Now I know not to tease you or have fun at your expense even if I would not consider it offensive. Now I can relate.

Now I have some thoughts on why people choose to push your buttons, but I don't want to come across as pretentious (which is odd seeing that I have already been up in your business in these last few posts). Once again thank you for your open response.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 13:21, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Now I have some thoughts on why people choose to push your buttons, but I don't want to come across as pretentious (which is odd seeing that I have already been up in your business in these last few posts). Once again thank you for your open response.

I can't speak for others but my opinion would be.

10, because I am good at what I do.

9, Because they are jealous or envious.

8, Because perhaps I don't back down from a fight, and answer with logic rather than insulting back.

7, Some seem to enjoy trying to push my buttons and trying to wind me up - perhaps they are trying to see if I will explode and lose my temper and they see this as a challenge.

6, It is what they enjoy doing.

5, Because my family has a history in magic and I am good at what I do they see me as an easy target.

4, Perhaps insulting others is what they do for a pastime activity.

3, Perhaps they don't like others making it or being more of a success than they are.

2, Perhaps it has to do with their own ego problems.

1, I will leave this one to your imagination.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Numbers 6, 5, 4, and 1 I can see.

6) The internet allows people to do and say what they wouldn't do in the real world. Back in the day we would have called them telephone tough guys.

5) Some people feel that if they knock down someone of merit then it somehow raises their credentials. Some people are protective of their popular online personalities.

4) Yes there are some very bitter people in the world.

1) Is a different can of worms all together.

I'm not discounting the other numbers for I think they are a combination of the numbers I have listed.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 14:34, bishthemagish wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-08-12 13:21, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Now I have some thoughts on why people choose to push your buttons, but I don't want to come across as pretentious (which is odd seeing that I have already been up in your business in these last few posts). Once again thank you for your open response.

I can't speak for others but my opinion would be.

10, because I am good at what I do.

9, Because they are jealous or envious.

8, Because perhaps I don't back down from a fight, and answer with logic rather than insulting back.

7, Some seem to enjoy trying to push my buttons and trying to wind me up - perhaps they are trying to see if I will explode and lose my temper and they see this as a challenge.

6, It is what they enjoy doing.

5, Because my family has a history in magic and I am good at what I do they see me as an easy target.

4, Perhaps insulting others is what they do for a pastime activity.

3, Perhaps they don't like others making it or being more of a success than they are.

2, Perhaps it has to do with their own ego problems.

1, I will leave this one to your imagination.


As I'm one of the main people being analysed here, I will say "None of the Above'
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
That thick skin is a scientific miracle - silly me thought you were just fat as a house.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6848 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Aww..man. Destiny, that was SO unneccessary! I used to have a weight problem, and that just hurts. I was hoping this thread would rise above, but there are issues still unresolved. Life is just too short to be hatin'. Sheesh...that post just wrecked my day. Smile

Doug
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
I was not mocking Mr Bishop's weight, but my silly conclusion, based solely on visual evidence, that he was grossly overweight.

Just goes to prove that when you assume, you make a fat ass of you and me.

I am not slim myself Dougini, Hopefully you find closure for your unresolved sensitivity.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6848 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-09-17 20:27, Destiny wrote:
I am not slim myself Dougini, Hopefully you find closure for your unresolved sensitivity.


Yes. Thank you. That I am touchy about...yes. Smile

Doug
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6848 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow..thanks, guys! I made both of those favorites! You can never acquire too much knowledge! Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6848 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey, Glenn! Thanks for puttin up the Cups & Balls @ the Magic Castle! Really, really good! Keep 'em comin'! I love it! Smile

Doug
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20525 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
To be fair many of the problems happen because of simple misunderstandings that blow up because "you never back down".

I am NOT being insulting in this post, but it is quite possible that Glenn will take it as such and accuse me of trolling.

See Glenn you made a HUGE deal in another thread out of your dyslexia. Ok I get that and am not poking fun. BUT by the same token you can not claim it does not play a part in your possibly misreading things said to you on the internet.

Internet communication is less about how it is written, than about how it is read. What I mean is OFTEN I say things on the internet that people ascribe a tone to. When you read on the internet the reader is responsible for adding a tone. When you or anyone adds the wrong tone, it will change the post and the intent of the post. This happens to all of us, not just you because of dyslexia. But the dyslexia does not help this situation in the least.

So also you have an amazing ability to hold a grudge against those you feel have somehow insulted you. I will tell you right off that you just inturpreted things wrong I wrote and automatically thought you were being insulted. Then you hold a grudge, never back down and it just becomes easier to deal with you by dismissing you and not caring if you are insulted.

"Not backing down" is not always the best trait if perhaps you have made a mistake. I know for a FACT many at other sites don't want to fight with you or have a grudge. But you hold one anyhow. Also you have to COMPLETE wrong impression of being banned.

If you would really like to learn what people think, or really have an interest in intelligent discourse then you have to listen to other people. You also get pretty upset with anyone that has a different opinion than you do. You were taken into a place and given a room of your own to expound on whatever you liked. You were treated better than anyone, and yet you insult those who did that for you. Not really cool.

I know you have a different "opinion" and this is how you choose to justify your behavior. I don't expect you to change though I can hope. At least people see this for what it is, and perhaps Dougini can gain some perspective.

Maybe a fresh start would be in order huh Glenn? Why not bury old grudges? FOR REAL, not just don't mention them till you are mad but really get past them. People don't question your magic chops or your history. Just the way in which you communicate.

Perhaps the "high road" you claim to want to travel would include starting over?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I thought Danny's olive branch was wonderful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Another blog (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL