The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Another blog (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Till I got hit in the face with it on the way to the high road.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On 2012-09-22 18:47, Dougini wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-09-22 17:54, Dannydoyle wrote:
I don't think I ever called you fat as a house.

No, it wasn't you Danny. Here is the childish insult in question:

Quote:
On 2012-09-17 14:47, Destiny wrote:
That thick skin is a scientific miracle - silly me thought you were just fat as a house.

This needs to stop. This is the Café. They might let this crap go in the Genii forum, but it does not belong here. We are above this infantile .douchebaggery. We're all brothers here! We all have a similar goal: to be the best we can be. When new people come here and see this...I just hang my head...

Doug

Dougini,

A lot of assumption going on here - I do not frequent the Genii forum so I'm not sure what goes on there - and you have unfortunately entered the conversation part way through and are unaware Mr Bishop has used his blog to bash several of us, and of course disabled comments so we are unable to respond. If he is allowed to link to his denigration on this board, I feel perfectly comfortable responding to it here.

I would ignore Glenn but for the help he has rendered me. Occasionally, like most people, I have delusions of infallibilty, or determine I am right about something and the rest of the world is wrong. It's good to have someone who unfailingly shows the danger of that path.

PS: It's ironic that a plea to uphold standards should include a word which requires modification to slip it by the automated precluded insult censor bot.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
And still nobody cares.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Poindexta
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Poindexta
Why are you promoting this blog of yours daily on the Café if it's not for magicians, but rather for the laymen? If anything, this thread has proven that you're a major walking contradiction.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
From the link in your first post of this thread:

http://glennbishthemagishbishop.blogspot.ca/

all I get is "Sausages and Custard"?
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Cool, so it's a culinary blog now?
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2012-10-02 13:22, Artie Fufkin wrote:

Sorry not me - however I might consider it ID Theft.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
857 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Quote:
On 2012-10-02 15:26, bishthemagish wrote:
Quote:

Consider it whatever you like, it's your link, from your first post in this thread.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Bully.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20518 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-10-02 15:26, bishthemagish wrote:
Quote:

Too bad the law and the world at large would disagree. Not the large in the world mind you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
So who do I get the recipe from then?
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Yes it is - thanks.

I gave away more stuff on the second deal including how Jack used it with the Punch deck for his bridge deal on Punch deck pro DVD 1.

However I would not tip that in a blog.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6840 Posts

Profile of Dougini
When I worked with cards (way back when), I used the Top Change and Second Deal in a number of tricks. I still have some reading to do. I do like the way you set it up. Smile

Doug
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
What are your thoughts and opinions on the punch deck, Glenn? Is it something worth learning?
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2012-10-03 14:50, tomsk192 wrote:
What are your thoughts and opinions on the punch deck, Glenn? Is it something worth learning?

If you do gambling routines I would say YES!

As I said in my blog I use the punch in stacking and culling routines. Jack Pyle used it with the second deal and his bridge deal. I suggest you read Marlo in spades. There is a lot of good punch deal info in that book. And there is the Cardician DVD. Where Marlo does a poker deal with the punch using the second deal.

In my opinion if there is a flaw in using the punch with the second deal. It is because getting a hand is not a 100% guarantee. Depending on what cards have the work in the dealer might get 4 of a kind, a full house, three of a kind or two of a kind. Depending on what cards have the work in and where the cards are after the deck is shuffled.

I have found in my own experience for a demo - that using the cull/stack - the hand is culled faster and is in the 99 to 100% of getting the hand of four of a kind to a full house. For a demo that is very strong to be able to do this without a stacked deck (set up). I have found that this kind of a demo gives the audience an opportunity to see something like that - running up a hand on the fly - that only happens in the movies and on TV.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Thanks, I'll take a look.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I am getting e-mail about how to get my Punch DVD's and DVD's on the triumph shuffle. I am sorry but I do not sell stuff like that anymore.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6840 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ha haa! Glenn, I loved that! I thought you flashed, but you HAD me! Nice job with the shotglass. Pure entertainment! Smile

Doug
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1606 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Great to see a letter of reference on your blog about your hypnosis shows Glenn, well done.

You should photoshop out the '1998' date though.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
One of the things about letters is that they can show success for a long period of time. That is the reason I would never change the date of any letter. It shows the client that I have not just fell off a milk truck and decided to do magic or hypnotism.

I am of the opinion that old letters have just as much value to sell a performer as new letters do.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Another blog (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL