The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Collector's Workshop effects (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
Just wondering what are some of the best effects from Collector's Workshop? I collect clever apparatus and do not necessarily perform with it. Does anyone have Psychic Sword?
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Since George Robinson Jr. took over Collector's Workshop, he has been slowly applying his brilliant mind to re-working the CW effects and streamlining them, working the bugs out and giving it his well known attention to detail and quality. He is doing a great job and you can trust that the quality is at the same level or even higher.

My vote for great CW effects:

Silver Odyssey II has my vote. This is a beautiful effect, just to look at the workings, and it has been updated as well. Very cool.

The CW Coin Classic is a BRILLIANT gimmick as well if you are looking for clever apparatus and it is a GREAT trick as well.

My favorite piece from CW has to be the CW Ultimate Coin Ladder!! If you want clever workings, this is the KING of COOL! Someday I will own one...someday Smile
Chance Wolf
Wolf's magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I have these effects:
Any Card to Wallet. A very nice card effect.
Chronologue monster strong prediction!
T'Ang Dynasty Tea Chest a classic effect: ring in box (For sale 100 dollars)

http://www.vikingmagic.com/
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I'll second the vote on Silver Odyssey II. Absolutely fantastic. And, I really like Creation. Very clever and danged effective. Smile
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
I currently use Jumbo Side Kick in my presentation, it gets a great reaction however personally I don't like relying on items that use electronics. I always make sure my batteries are fresh on the unit and I also have an out, just in case my table does not work. This only happened to me twice! I should mention that the Jumbo Side Kick I own is from Collector's Workshop, pre-Viking Magic.

Another effect which I use to own was Card on Seat. The simplicity of the mechanics made this trick a dream to use. I sometimes wish I still had this trick sitting in my basement. The reason why I sold this effect was that although the effect was fine, the wooden chairs looked out of place when I was performing. At the time I owned the effect I was performing a lot of corporate venues and I felt that using wooden chairs in my presentation looked out of place.

Just my two cents!

Robert. Smile
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Favorites of mine are:

Khartoum Ring Fantasy
Silver Odyssey (the mechanical version)
BulletProof (electronic version)
Horizontal Card Rise
Khyber Kobra
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Let's talk Collector's Workshop...wow, what don't I own? All the way from Grandma Bloch's Recipe Cards to the infamous Power Chopper. I routinely use my Jumbo Sidekick II, Khyber Kobra, Gumball, the original (clockwork) Silver Odyssey, Jumbo Card on Seat. I have lots of other CW items that I'd never part with, including an original Stull System III (also sometimes called Stull Outdone), an original (wooden base) Paper Thin Sawing and Time Terrific. I use Chronologue to stall time when I'm using my Perfect Time. Even found an original CW Flash Wand, and got it in a trade. Most of their items I've found to be very dependable. Right now, I'm looking for a used Time Odyssey from CW...anybody?

Steve Thomas
Tim Taylor
View Profile
Veteran user
1970 - 2012
375 Posts

Profile of Tim Taylor
Hey Steve, did you make that list for insurance purposes? Smile
Hey all, he really does have all these I have drooled on them all. I thought it might work like licking your food so no one else would eat it. It did'nt. Smile
My favorite is the Jumbo Sidekick II. WOW! Is that thing awsome. Smile
"Even a mosquito gets a slap on the back for a job well done" - Tim Taylor
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
I love my Jumbo Sidekick II and Relativity.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Gumball has been a mainstay in my act. I also have the Card on Seat as one of the bigger pieces.

On my mantle in my den, the Horizontal Card Rise, Midas Cups, and Samurai all get curiosity peaked.

Far and away, my favorite piece is my Perfect Time. Had a great reaction with this effect while bartending in college that if I never performed it again, was worth the $395 I spent.

Chronologue is also in my briefcase with me everyday.

Even though I am big into collectable magic, I have considered the idea of parting with my Stull System III. I hate to do it, but it was never used in peformance...just as a collectors piece. I may consider it if there is any real interest.

Michael
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Have you seen there's a Stull System III on Ron Allesi's site for like $325?

My Davey's Festival Rings, Horizontal Card Rise, Jaks or Better, Hemingway Lock, Zippo, Chaplin's Candle, Any Card To wallet, Can O'Corn, Burmese Bells, Penultimate and Badlands Bob all grace my shelves for display, but I'm recently finding some uses for the Can O'Corn...

Almost all CW items are good. I did however get a certain dealer's used list once that said he had a Burmese Bells effect "FREE to the first caller to express an interest in this piece of crap"...it went instantly.

Steve Thomas
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1050 Posts

Profile of tdowell
Chronologue is my favorite and really fools people. I wish they made the calandar covers in leather though, the plastic is cheap looking
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Samurai Sword---absolutely brilliant!

Good magic to all,

Eric
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
In my collection (and various shows) are:

Stull System III
Chronologue (modified a bit)
Hemmingway Lock
Jaks Or Better
Any Card To Wallet
Zodiac
Clock Of San Marcos
Runaway Deck
Penultimate
World's 2nd Best Card Trick
Ring Cruncher (the original)
Horizontal Card Rise
Chameleon Chest
Card Duckling
Morelli Ring

And I'm probably missing a few stashed around here. But I've been buying from Collector's since the old days, and still do. George is great to deal with, as were Rich and Nick. Great quality, great service.
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
marknem7
View Profile
Elite user
497 Posts

Profile of marknem7
Oh c'mon! Burmese Bells is one of my favorite parlor effects. No one's every figured it out. (Just wish it came without the tube made of Plexiglas. Plexiglas? Ancient Burma?)

Couldn't live without my Jumbo Sidekick II. And am looking forward to the next Khyber Kobra, about which George keeps encouraging me to be patient, that it's just on the (perennial) horizon.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I have:
Runaway deck
Ring cruncher
Marakesch (don't know the exact name anymore, a thought of card rises out af the deck)
and.... the De Kolta Card Cascade.

I have put the question earlier. Has someone the De Kolta Card Cascade too?
I bought it some 20 years ago I think.
I have a question about it. Please PM me if you have that effect too.
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
I have:
RELATIVITY
Jumbo sidekick
They are perfect props for comedy stage routine.
Bob Meigs
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Bob Meigs
Just came from the CW site and saw the Ultimate Coin Ladder is BACK IN STOCK!! I have to agree with Chance that this piece is about as cool as it gets. And George hasn't raised the price!

I already have one, and I'm still excited to see that it's back! Hopefully, George will be showing it off at Magic Live!
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
As for the Ultimate Coin Ladder, I saw this effec is wonderful on CW DVD catalogue.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Waterloop...it's Marakesh Mystery, I think.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Collector's Workshop effects (18 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL