The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Opening minds Colin Mcleod ----- WOW (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1296 Posts

Profile of Colin
Just wanna make you guys aware that 'Opening Minds' V2 is almost ready for postage! I'm aware some of you have already pre-ordered your copy and I'm excited to announce they will all be posted out at the beginning of next week!

I've also just announced a limited time offer on my site with regards to my previous works, should anyone be interested in completing their collection of my works.

Any questions, as ever... just ask!

Best wishes,
Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
PerryCarp
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of PerryCarp
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone (Colin?) may be able to specify if the "Bookless Test Addition" sold on Colin's website is intended to be an addition to the effect as presented in "Opening Minds" or if it is an update to a previous publication of the effect.

Any info would be appreciated.

BTW - I am really enjoying "Opening Minds." GREAT work!

Thanks!
Perry
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1296 Posts

Profile of Colin
In my opinion, it lifts the routine to make it more entertaining and more logical a way of performing it making it play to more people.

Anyone who has seen me perform recently will have seen my do it this way. The addition comes with gimmicks and manuscript explaining my new script, routine and structure.

Best wishes,
Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
PerryCarp
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of PerryCarp
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 19:53, Colin wrote:
In my opinion, it lifts the routine to make it more entertaining and more logical a way of performing it making it play to more people.

Anyone who has seen me perform recently will have seen my do it this way. The addition comes with gimmicks and manuscript explaining my new script, routine and structure.

Best wishes,
Col.


Great! I appreciate the additional detail.

Cheers,
Perry
PerryCarp
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of PerryCarp
Well, after putting off the inevitable for a couple months, I finally ordered the "Bookless Test Addition" today. Very much looking forward to it. Will post thoughts when I receive it... though I'm sure it is brilliant!
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of baobow
Tried to load http://www.colinmcleod.com. Unfortunately keep getting an error.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2011-07-22 07:30, baobow wrote:
Tried to load http://www.colinmcleod.com. Unfortunately keep getting an error.


I just clicked the link you posted and it pulled up fine.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
wahkao
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of wahkao
I could not find the gimmick for the bookless test anywhere on sale
could someone please tell me where to buy the bookless test gimmick?
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2011-07-24 11:40, wahkao wrote:
I could not find the gimmick for the bookless test anywhere on sale
could someone please tell me where to buy the bookless test gimmick?


What gimmick?

PM'd you.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
My favorites?

Disk 1 "Take a Seat" (The Chair Test)
Disk 2 "ANAAC" (The Any Number at Any Card" effect)

I also like the "Bookless Test" (a book test) on Disk 1. And, if necessary and if the criterion is to pick a favorite effect on each of the four disk, I could ultimately do that also. But, all told, from the four disks, the "Take a Seat' and the "ANAAC" are my favorites. (And, for the record, I do not perform the "ANAAC" the way Colin performed it in front of the audience. Rather, I perform it with an alternate method that allows me to also perform some Simon Aronson effects (hint, hint) in the same set. (And, if memory serves me well, I think that Colin explains this alternate method on that DVD disk.)

Overall, I loved this set of DVDs. I really appreciated all the theory and thinking that went into the effects as presented and then Mark's and Colin's detailed explanation and analysis of why the effects were being presented as performed PLUS why certain alternative methods were considered and then ultimately rejected in favor of the methods ultimately used. IMHO, that information and discussion of the thought process used was far more valuable than any of the effects performed and explained.

All the foregoing is just IMHO; your mileage may vary...and probably does. (grin)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
PerryCarp
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of PerryCarp
Just to follow-up on my note above. I received Colin's "Bookless Test Addition" last week. All-in-all, it is a great (and natural) modification to the version that is in "Opening Minds." Colin sends the gimmick and other materials needed to perform the effect.

The best thing about it (for me) is that it allows the audience to be more engaged in the performance.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-08-12 22:14, PerryCarp wrote:
Just to follow-up on my note above. I received Colin's "Bookless Test Addition" last week. All-in-all, it is a great (and natural) modification to the version that is in "Opening Minds." Colin sends the gimmick and other materials needed to perform the effect.

The best thing about it (for me) is that it allows the audience to be more engaged in the performance.


"Bookless Test Addition"?

I wasn't aware of this. Was it mentioned on the DVD set? If so, I missed the reference. Details would be greatly appreciated on what it is(does), how to acquire it and how much it costs. Thanks.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
PerryCarp
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of PerryCarp
Quote:
On 2011-08-14 17:55, Turk wrote:
"Bookless Test Addition"?

I wasn't aware of this. Was it mentioned on the DVD set? If so, I missed the reference. Details would be greatly appreciated on what it is(does), how to acquire it and how much it costs. Thanks.


I just checked Colin's site. Looks like he has a new site up and the 'products' are either not there anymore or are hidden. I suggest that you contact Colin directly for the info. The addition is not covered on the DVD -- but takes the DVD routine one step further by getting some audience involvement in the mind reading/revelation phase. The cost (with postage) was 33 GBP.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks for that info, Perry.

BTW, by your "The cost (with postage) was 33 GBP." are you indicating that Colin will provide the "Addition" information to anyone who provides him with a self-addressed stamped envelope? And, if so, do you have any idea as to the price of the postage from Scotland to the USA?

Thanks again for the information.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
PerryCarp
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of PerryCarp
Quote:
On 2011-08-16 22:44, Turk wrote:
Thanks for that info, Perry.

BTW, by your "The cost (with postage) was 33 GBP." are you indicating that Colin will provide the "Addition" information to anyone who provides him with a self-addressed stamped envelope? And, if so, do you have any idea as to the price of the postage from Scotland to the USA?

Thanks again for the information.

Mike


Sorry for the less than clear info that I posted. I was trying to say that the 33 GBP was the cost of the item plus postage. So the 33 would be the total cost.

-Perry
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
The gimmick is simple to buy in a magic shop
it is sanada gimmick
daveh
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of daveh
Great DVD and the Bookless book test is standard for my show. One question I was stumped by was why go to to the envelope. I see it more as a mind read rather than a prediction but would love to hear any thoughts. I have tried ACAAN and the person came up and when I did the whisper he announced in a loud voice for all to hear- "Do you want me to tell you the number? Okay...24!" Not the best result.
mentalism addict
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of mentalism addict
If anyone's thinking of getting this DVD I'm telling you its the most under rated DVD. every show i, do has a effect or idea from this DVD in it. if you own this DVD watch it over. every time I watch it I see a new thing, I love how he explains each effect he is a pro buy it now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Opening minds Colin Mcleod ----- WOW (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL