We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Passing of a friend Bob Lambacher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7378 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am not sure if many guys knew Bob Lambacher but he passed last Saturday. I have known Bob for over 20 years. He was a a quirky, old bachelor that unfortunately became a real hoarder.

About two months ago, he was forcibly taken from his home and it was condemened. I had been trying to for years to get him to get rid of stuff but he refused. He died with no relatives and no will. Luckily, he does a plot with his folks and his name is already on the tombstone. So at least that will help.

This man was 88 years old and had accomplished a great deal. He was a WWII vet. He had been in the tank corps and parachuted undercover into France two weeks before D-Day. With his background in aviation and engineering, he developed the dynameter and a method to test for amount of oxygen in pilot's blood. He set up engine production lines for Ford. He dealt directly with Nelson Rockefeller on projects.

He skated professionally as special guest star with Ice Capades. Magically, he developed some items for Harry Blackstone and others. Commercially, he made Turk's glitter wands, Finger flasher, Inflation coin trick and Impossible (which was a two bulb version of Wellington's Switchboard effect).

I spent the last three years getting him to Doctors and stuff but he just would not do somethings. I guess what I am hoping that if members know someone like this, I would hope they would do a couple of things. First, glean and share in the wisdom of these older guys. That knowledge can never be replaced. Second, try to get them to get things in order in case. Bob has numerous debts, two storage facilities and a house full of stuff. The county will take it all and most of it will be destroyed. It is a real shame but nothing else can be done.

Sorry, I have rambled a bit but this has bothered me since he died. I have done what I could but there is nothing more I can do. I just pray that no one else ever has to go through something like this.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6749 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Richard,

Don't be sorry for sharing your grief. You lost a long-time friend, and that is really sad. I'm glad you came here and shared it with us. What a shame the county has to take and destroy everything Bob had. It is heartless and a tragedy.

My heart goes out to you, because I, myself have lost friends suddenly due to unforeseen events. No, don't apologize for reaching out to your friends, here! You have many believe me, and if you want to talk about it, feel free!

Wow, no relatives. No will. His stuff confiscated and destroyed. And the man was a WWII hero! All those accomplishments! This is heartbreaking. Ya know...he was lucky to have you as a friend. You have brought his memory here, and made us aware. May he be in a far better place, and look fondly on you, his friend...for keeping his memory alive.

Richard, you will see him again. Just know, that as long as you remember him with such good thoughts, and how important his life really was, Bob Lambacher will live on with the honor he deserves. Thank you for bringing this to us. If you ever need to just talk, remember you have friends here!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Passing of a friend Bob Lambacher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL