The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Revelation or Revelations? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan O
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jonathan O
Hi folks

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here we go:

So, I'm getting Revelation or Revelations by Vernon. My question is, what's the difference? If there even are a difference. I've heard that Revelation is better than Revelations, it were something about, that there are a few more things in Revelation.
I just want to know, what's the best one, Revelation or Revelations? Which one would you suggest me to get?

Jonathan
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
575 Posts

Profile of luvisi
The new Revelation describes some additional moves, and includes photographs of Vernon's hands.

The old Revelations has some material that was omitted from Revelation, including the Diaconis introduction (described the history of the book, the Jennings TNT bottom deal, a trick with a cull and second deal, a technique for tabling a double card, and the Ray Grismer overhand cull), a less showy variation of fancy blind cut one, a paragraph about not hugging the deck during the top palm, a few bits in three card monte (a sentence about crimping the corners together "Furthermore, this assures that the crimped corners will exactly match.", some text in the middle of the "double flash" sequence, and the idea about pointing out where the winner actually is), some illustrations have no photographic replacement, such as in the blind shuffle for securing selected card, and some riffle shuffle work is omitted.

The new Revelation also doesn't contain the full content of Expert, only the parts on which Vernon commented.

The photographs of Vernon's hands inRevelation are a very valuable aid to understanding, and the book is beautifully typeset.

All in all, I say get both.

Andru
Jonathan O
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jonathan O
Thank you very much.

Jonathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Revelation or Revelations? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL