The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Comedic card prediction. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4100 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Simple...

I shaved my head and changed my name.

:evilgrin:

Of course, you remember that I tried to join the P.E.A., but they wouldn't even let me in the front door...
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Paul Daniels did a trick on TV many years ago whereby a chosen card was found inside an envelope with a letter from his previous the host at his previous party. The letter went on to say the show was great. By the way, you left one of your cards at the house.... this card was the selected card. (if memory serves me correct, it went something like that).

Although this idea is somewhat different than the thread, perhaps the ideas could be combined.

cheers,

john
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
You know, this would make an excellent presentation for a McCombical prediction deck effect. Ie. After you are finally down to one card, leave it face down and open the prediction envelope. Remove, say, the four of clubs. Look upset and turn the selection face up (it is the King of Hearts, for example) Say, "I don't understand how this is possible." Turn over the other 51 cards and they are all four of clubs.

Now just work out a backwards force- ie. a way to make them pick every card BUT the odd one.

________

A deck of 52 cards... all the same. The last card could be switched out for the card needed.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
John Pert suggests: "After you are finally down to one card, leave it face down and open the prediction envelope. Remove, say, the four of clubs. Look upset and turn the selection face up (it is the King of Hearts, for example) Say, "I don't understand how this is possible." Turn over the other 51 cards and they are all four of clubs.
Now just work out a backwards force- ie. a way to make them pick every card BUT the odd one."

For one way to do this, check out my Showtime column in the Linking Ring magazine of March, 1994. (Good grief! Is it THAT long ago?)
My "So What?" prediction is essentially what John suggests, and includes the force needed to have the spectator "freely" choose the one card that is not the same.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
McCritical
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of McCritical
There's a great routine in Capricornian Tales called "Immortal" where both the performer and the spectator go through the deck and the chosen card is never found--much to the spectator's relief I should add.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Comedic card prediction. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL