The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Help me learn gambling moves in order please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gulyás Imre Miklós
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, Hungary
185 Posts

Profile of Gulyás Imre Miklós
I have really weak hands so I definitely will buy this week a grip strengthener.

Is sailing simply a kick you give the card with your mid/ring finger so it can fly/slide/glide to the player? Because I wanted to get sailing down well but I couldn't find the proper technique for it anywhere.

Thanks again
I took the Pledge
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Try to practice holding the deck in the grip and just dealing. If a full deck is to much try starting with half a deck and add cards till you can deal smoothly with a full deck using the grip you choose.

Then practice pulling the bottom card so it buckles back with the third (ring finger of the left hand) to build up strength (Erdnase grip). Middle finger if your using the master grip.

I suppose that some have a hard time doing this and they go for a strike bottom over the push off. However I have found that the push off bottom a very handy move doing it with one hand - to switch a card - in a situation a top change might be used. My dad used the one handed bottom a lot in his close up work from the Erdanse grip. I use it a lot from the master grip.

Just a few more thoughts you may already know and have been working on.

Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
D.K.
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of D.K.
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 05:36, Gulyás Imre Miklós wrote:
Ok guys. I started learning bottoms and seconds. Is it important to use brand new decks?

I usually have 1-2 old decks laying around and I practice with them from time to time because it is very often that you will be handed a very old or sticky deck that you will have to perform with. You will also notice that once you gain some experience bottom dealing you will automatically switch grips depending on the condition of the deck and the purpose that you will bottom deal(consecutive, sail etc.) I usually use mechanics grip but if the deck is in a bad shape I would almost certainly switch to Erdnase.
Of course this is only my opinion. I hope it helps and good luck Smile
Gulyás Imre Miklós
View Profile
Regular user
Budapest, Hungary
185 Posts

Profile of Gulyás Imre Miklós
Could you please write a bit about sailing?
I took the Pledge
D.K.
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of D.K.
I am sorry. With the sail I meant when you are dealing the bottom to a different player rather than yourself. For example if you have the dealers button and you are dealing the bottom card to the 4th player.Good luck
SlipperyPete
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of SlipperyPete
1. Second deal

2. Faro shuffle (in the hands)

3. learning to hold back 3-4 cards

4. bottom deal

With those you will be the greatest card handler they've ever seen

Kitartast es sok sikert!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Help me learn gambling moves in order please (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL