The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where Can I Buy "Buddha Money Mystery Papers" Other Than the Ones Made by Royal Magic Co.? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
Hi!

The subject line of this message pretty much sums up my question. I am looking to buy some Buddha Money Mystery Papers other than the ones that are mass-produced by Royal Magic Co.. In fact, I am looking for different sizes of Papers as well as different colors and different prints on the papers.

If anybody knows of a website where such things can be found, I'd appreciate knowing about it. Thanks for your help!

Frank

P.S. I know what some of you are thinking: Why doesn't he just make his own Buddha Money Mystery Papers?? Smile I may resort to that if I cannot find other nicer ones already made that I can purchase.
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
116 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
Check with your local magic dealer. D. Robbins had a few different versions of these a few years ago, however they are a wholesale only company, so ask your local magic dealer to look into this for you. I don't believe any of these papers differ much from the royal sets and I would recommend making them yourself. I have a set I made and printed as letters (on a parchment looking paper) which tie into the tricks presentation, also by doing so, it gives the papers themselves meaning. Also this alows the papers to be any size desired.
Ronald R. Romiski
fhood
View Profile
New user
Southern California
86 Posts

Profile of fhood
Ronald,

Thanks for the D. Robbins info! I will look into them. I tried making my own papers earlier today, but had no success. I'm trying to obtain a set that will hold a playing card in the smallest paper -- the ones Royal Magic Company makes are too small to hold a regular-sized playing card in the innermost paper.

When I was making my own earlier today, I had trouble determining the dimensions to make each paper i.e. measuring where to put the folds, etc. so that each paper nested neatly in the other. I'm no good at making stuff like that (or just not patient enough!).

Thanks for your info!

All the best,

Frank
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Fhood,

You have me interested; exactly what is the effect in the Buddha Money Mystery Papers effect?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
There is a version of this made by Owen Magic Supreme called the Mysterious Papyrus Papers or something like that. It was $12.50 in their last pricelist (1997) but may be higher now.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
What ever you wrap in the papers disappears or changes...or after being shown empty, something can appear (when you unfold them again) It has to be something the size and shape of which will fit inside the folded up papers...a coin is a common thing to use. Billets. So my question is "What is wrong with the Royals". I like mine. Usually we call them Buddha Papers.
padre rich
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of padre rich
From lybrary.com you can order the copy of genii magazine that covered making the papers with exact size papers to use.its the only way you'll get custom designs.is easy to make.call chris,have him reference the papers,he'll find the issue and you can purchase it for little expense...
God's grace rocks! It makes a good cups and balls routine look pretty boring in comparison.
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
The Royal Magic Buddha Papers that are sold by Fun, Inc. are fine. They come packaged in sturdy, brightly colored packets that make for a quick sale if you're pitching them. The Buddha Papers sold by D. Robbins are just as good, but are packed in rather plain cellophane wrappers.

The only issue I have with the Royal Magic papers is the cost, which was about 2-3 times that of the Robbins papers when I was pitching them several years ago. If you're selling them, that's a factor to be considered. And while it's nice to have some flash (attractive packaging) on the table, the demo is what ultimately sells the trick, not the box it comes in. Of course, if you're just performing with the papers, cost is less of an issue, since you're not buying them by the gross to resell. If that's the case, check out the Robbins version, I'm sure you'll be more than satisfied. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
By the way, there's a fairly good pamphlet available from Amazon about the Buddha Papers. It's called "The Magic of the Mystery Papers" by David Tower, and it's available as a Kindle e-book for $3.

The author owned a magic shop and demoed the Buddha Papers over the counter for many years. He has some good thoughts about presenting and handling the papers, as well as doing the necessary move. He also includes a number of effects that can be created with them, and has some good out-of-the-box thinking about them. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Where Can I Buy "Buddha Money Mystery Papers" Other Than the Ones Made by Royal Magic Co.? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL