The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » My Father (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lavanglan
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of lavanglan
Hello all,

I'm kind of looking for a little help here with something personal.

My father passed away last year and he was a magician from Chicago, IL. We used to own a magic shop called Magic Town in the 1980s in Chicago. I know that he made a lot of tricks for Mr. Ash. My father taught a few students, one by the name of Don May. Don May later became one of Ed Marlo's students and I've heard that he is a "genius" when it comes to cards. I know that my father also attended a few "table meetings" with Ed Marlo, but I know he was more of a Dai Vernon guy and knew him as well. My father was a member of the S.A.M. and was sponsered by Ralph Beck. I know he also built and repaired a lot of big stage illusions for various people and did a lot of repairs for Thurston's nephew? (I don't have a first name.) I knew my dad also did a lot of work for Mr. Ash in Chicago, IL (I was able to get a hold of him and found out that they were really good friends.).

My father's name was Clarence Brock and there a few people that I am trying to contact. I know it's a long reach but if anyone knows any direction I could go with this I would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to be involved with magic again but my father rarely spoke of anything involving him and I'm trying to find out.

I think if I find Don May that he would know a lot about my dad. I've seen him featured in a couple Magic Magazines and in David Solomon's book he dedicates a whole chapter to Don May's magic. I've sent David and e-mail considering his close relationship with Don and hoping that he might have a little more information for me. After reading his book there are several tricks that I found in the book that my father used.

A few other names that I know that were friends of my father is Bill Malone and Simon Aronson.

I've kind of hit a dead end so if anyone has any clue where I "might" be able to find any more information, please point me in the right direction.

I have been studying magic nonstop for awhile now and I hope to join the S.A.M. soon.

Thank you for all of your time!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » My Father (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL