The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pirates of the Carribean! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
What a great movie. 2 thumbs up! Smile Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2003-07-21 19:32, ChrisMagic52 wrote:
I just got back from Disneyland and havent seen Pirates of the Caribean yet. I went on the ride a couple of times thinking what the movie would have been about.

Seismic:
The Magic shop you went to in Disneyland is my favorite store! I spent most of my hours there at the Magic Shop!
Disneyland is a fun place! and I hope to go back soon someday!

They used to have two in DisneyWorld. One on Main Street and one in Fantasyland. The one in Fantasyland was best because it was in the corner of a larger shop and you could just turn your back to the mouse buyers and concentrate on the magic. I bought a Flipped Out Fours and Siberian Transport Chain escape. When I went back in 1990, the one in Fantasyland had been changed to a hat shop. (Just what they need in DisneyWorld... another hat shop.) The one on Main Street is just a wide spot between two other stores and I couldn't really enjoy my time there because people kept coming through.

Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
brianmayo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of brianmayo
Have to agree - one of the best movies I've seen in a LONG time. But that's not saying much--movies have sucked recently.

Depp does a great job in this. He doesn't always pick the best roles (Astronaut's Wife) but usually has just fantastic performances. (Blow, Scissorhands, this, etc)
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
DO NOT WATCH THIS OR ANY MOVIE in Dallas TX!
I paid $5.50 for the weekend Matinee ticket (regular price is $7.50). They then hit me up $6.00 US for a pickel and medium soda!

She noticed surprised look on my face and asked if I'd be interested in the bucket of popcorn and 2 sodas! It turned out to be $11.50 for that deal.

I starred at menu and the cheapest item was bottled water at $3.00 US (14oz). Not caring much for the movie in the first place, I asked if I could get a refund on my ticket and leave. They laughed and said "Sir movie is about to begin....come along now!....and oh! you don't want to snack on anything while there?!"

$29.00 later I was sitting there faking enthusiasm and watched the movie. Just to find myself having to drive myself and company home afterward.

Should of waited for the release and rented for that $3.00 Blockbuster rate. The other $26.00 saved or spent on booze and gourmet cuisine. The concession ruined it all.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
This is probably the only reason to live in Texas!
$5.50 for a movie! WOW! Thet haven't been that cheap up here in Seattle for a decade.
Let's try $8.50 to $9.00 a ticket.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
I guess living here in Elmwood, Illinois isn't so bad after all.

Our theater is across the street from my home. "Pirates" is playing there this week. Last week it was "Hulk." The week before, "Legally Blonde 2." First run movies.

All seats are $2.00. No kidding.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Out in Utah they had a mall where it only cost $1.00 to get in. No joke, only a buck.

But to make up for such a cheap enterance price, all the snack items cost about double the price then they would at a normal theatre. Small thing of candy like M&M's would be about $5.50!

Chris
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
Our concession prices are about normal, I'd guess. A large popcorn and two large drinks are about $8.00. Most candy items are about $1.25 - $2.00
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
brianmayo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of brianmayo
I'm with you Payne. Anything less than $8.50 for evening show and I'd be Smile Smile Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2003-08-05 16:57, Payne wrote:

This is probably the only reason to live in Texas!
$5.50 for a movie! WOW! Thet haven't been that cheap up here in Seattle for a decade.
Let's try $8.50 to $9.00 a ticket.

Ditto here in Rhode Island, and the snacks are outrageous!
Smile

Quote:
On 2003-08-05 20:13, Seismic wrote:
Out in Utah they had a mall where it only cost $1.00 to get in. No joke, only a buck.

But to make up for such a cheap enterance price, all the snack items cost about double the price then they would at a normal theatre. Small thing of candy like M&M's would be about $5.50!

Chris

I hate to depress you... but I think that's about right here in RI as well as far as snack prices go!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
This is an awsome movie! I saw this film twice!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Pirates of the Carribean! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL