The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Chocolate quarter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicNut
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of MagicNut
Borrow a quarter from someone. Wave your hand over it and it changes into chocolate or simply close your hand then open it. Next eat it entirely.

Have the chocolate painted on one side to look silver, almost like the real coin and leave brown on the other. Do the switch, and lay the fake on the palm openly, silver side up. Close hand and flip over to reveal coin is now chocolate, and eat it whole.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
What kind of paint do you use ?
MagicNut
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of MagicNut
I have never actually used this trick because I made it up last night. Finding a paint that is silver and can be devoured would be hard maybe? Also I'm not sure where you can find chocolate quarters.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
You can buy them at candy stores...well around here you can. I don't know what you would use for paint...as long as it's non-toxic I'll do it.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Night_Crawler
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Night_Crawler
I don't know what it is called but there is a kind of silver paint that they coat those little silver balls that you can eat. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to a bulk store and look around you'll find them.

Night_Crawler
montz
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of montz
Sounds kinda dodgy...

Nice idea though.

Maybe worth just doing a spell bound move and eating it? Just to be on the safe side.

Liam.
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
I had a similar idea a couple years ago. You borrow a quarter and a hershey kiss. You place both in your hand, and make a wave or something to the effect. When your hand is opened again the two have merged to create a chocolate quarter. What stumped me for the longest time was the switch. how to do it? If the switch was too big to try to cover, perhaps do it in a spectator's hand? (The one who lent you the quarter)?

Any thoughts?

Pete
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I can't vouch for this because I haven't yet purchased the product, but Chazpro is now putting out The Raven xTwo, and you could possibly use it to do a smooth switch. From what I've read, there are numerous possibilities for invisible switches with this utility device. Hank Lee carries the item.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2003-07-16 10:41, Night_Crawler wrote:
I don't know what it is called but there is a kind of silver paint that they coat those little silver balls that you can eat. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to a bulk store and look around you'll find them.

Night_Crawler

I quit buying those little silver balls because one day I got to reading the fine print on the label and to my surprise it recomended not to eat them, that they were for decoration only. Evidently there is some metal in them and too many may not be very healthy for you. Grant you this was back in 1980 and was only one product of many different products out there but what idiot would sell a sugar product that is intended for cake decoration and not expect kids (and adults) to eat them?
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
You could borrow the quarter.. do Paul Harris' chocolate coin.. Hand it back to them, and then say "Are you gonna eat that?"
They'll feel its metal and laugh and say no, and then say, well do you mind if I do? I can pay you for it. Secretly get out your specially prepared chocolate coin into finger palm, and do a shuttle pass or an inertia pass Then pretend to remove the real quarter from your pocket, which was their quarter all along. Hand it right back... Then you can take a bite of the chocolate coin, or break it in half and offer them some.... Or you could forego the chocolate coin entirely and just introduce a bite-out quarter gimmick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Chocolate quarter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL