The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Facebook Fake Name Fobia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now....
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Well folks, much as I hate to say it if seems we're going to be in for a tough ride. I got busted!. My Facebook username got suspended because it was determined to be a fake name. The account was suspended. I followed the procedure and requested that it be reinstated as it was a stage name that I have registered with the U.S. Patent and Trade Mark Office.

So they reinstated me as my FULL (with middle initial) FORMAL Birth Certificate name.!!!!!

The email is quoted here:
Quote:
Your name information has been corrected, and we have reactivated your account. Facebook requires users to provide their real first and last names. Your account must comply with all of the following authenticity standards:

• Fake names are not permitted.
• Initials cannot stand in place of your full name.
• Nicknames can be used, but only if they are a variation on your real first or last name, such as 'Bob' instead of 'Robert'.
• The use of professional and religious titles within names is not permitted.
• The use of special characters within names is not permitted.
• Impersonating anyone or anything is not permitted.

We apologize for any inconvenience this policy may pose. If you are concerned about your privacy, you can always restrict who can find you in searches from the Privacy page, which can be accessed by selecting the "Settings" link at the top of every Facebook page.

There is also a section to list your alternate (or maiden) name on the Account Settings page. People will be able to search for you by both your account name and your alternate name. You can select whether your alternate name will appear along with your account name on your profile, search listings and friend requests.

So, many of my Facebook friends like: Reggie Bugmuncher, Donny Vomit, Danny Borneo, Anastasia Synn, Gwyd T Unusual, Sylver Fyre, Swami Yomahmi & ThrillKill Jill should be on the lookout for being bounced from Facebook.

All the best in the cyber wild west,

Steven E. Gemeny
(The artist previously known as The Great Gemeanii
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
[email]steve@gemeny.com[/email]
www.gemeanii.com
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
For the first time, I'm happy for not being included!
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
I guess Randy Rumpmaster won't be far behind...
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Good to know. I will circle the wagons.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 20:00, petekoloz wrote:
I guess Randy Rumpmaster won't be far behind...

Nope but I have heard she has quite a large behind.
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Round two -

FB has responded to my second request to maintain the stage name Gemeanii with the following:
Quote:
Facebook does not allow users to sign up with certain names that may be fake or associated with fake accounts. While we realize this verification method may prevent some users with legitimate names from registering, we feel this policy is currently the best method to prevent against malicious and fake accounts on the site.

We can assist you with your request, but we will need additional information. Please reply to this email with a scanned image of a government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver's license) in order to verify your name. Please black out any personal information that is not needed to verify your identity (e.g., social security number). Rest assured that we will permanently delete your ID from our servers once we have used it to verify your real name.

Next they'll want a copy of my Birth Certificate!

I'll have to come up with a different approach because FB is clearly not going to budge on the fake name issue.

Steve
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
www.gemeanii.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I believe a "fan page" would work.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Fanny Page?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
Yep, Brett, I'm looking ginto that too.
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
www.gemeanii.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 17:06, Harley Newman wrote:
Fanny Page?

Yet again your American English is not taken seriously in the UK!

As Fanny over hear means fanny and not bottom like you lot seem to think it does!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
This is where you need Equity!
Gemeanii
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Gemeanii
The proper term on that side of the pond would be a "Bum Page", but something gets lost in the translation...
Steve Gemeny
The Great Gemeanii
www.gemeanii.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Fanny is also a nickname, though a bit archaic.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
petekoloz
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of petekoloz
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 17:06, Harley Newman wrote:
Fanny Page?

Ah, yes.
Betty Page's less successful cousin...
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Hooray! Somebody else who understands!

www.bladewalker.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Tell them it is the name your church gave you and they will back off. No one wants to take on a religion.

There's an angle to everything.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 18:38, Gemeanii wrote:
The proper term on that side of the pond would be a "Bum Page", but something gets lost in the translation...

Yes but I don’t think you want to be putting a page up on "Bum Page". Especially as Bum is used as a derogatory term - as in he is a street bum. I would still go with Bret’s Fan Page – and no one really wants to see Harleys Fanny page (lots of meanings http://www.encyclo.co.uk/define/Fanny).

Quote:
On 2010-10-27 19:06, Harley Newman wrote:
Fanny is also a nickname, though a bit archaic.

Have you heard of the Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton? IN the original books one of the girls was called Fanny and one of the boys was called Dick. They were changed to Frannie and Rick. In fact Jo and Bessie were also changed to Joe (more common spelling for a boy) and Beth as Bessie is no longer used as a nickname for Elizabeth.

And now I am off to search the café for 5 months to see if anyone else has mentioned the Magic Faraway Tree.

Before anyone makes any sarcastic comment these are my daughters favourite books and we have some old editions as well as some new ones.

Although they are a good read anyway regardless of age! No really! Some of the imagery and characters are great. Enid clearly either had a really good imagination or access to the real Faraway tree!

Dave
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
This is absurd! Who ever heard of names like Enid and Dave?

www.bladewalker.com
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
All names are an illusion. "Farcebook" included.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
***, Pete--you beat me to it!
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Facebook Fake Name Fobia (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL