The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » School for Scoundrels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
For those within the Los Angeles area, the School for Scoundrels course will be starting up at the Magic Castle on Nov 7.

There will be four classes, each one two hours long, on four consecutive Sundays. You do not have to be a member of the Magic Castle to participate. It is $160 for the course. Materials (peas, shells, cards) are provided.

Chef Anton and I are the teachers, and Bob Sheets will be coming in to teach his Boot Camp on the Shell Game. Hopefully, Doc Eason will be stopping by.

We will cover the history, psychology and mechanics of the three major street swindles: Fast and Loose, The Three-Card Monte and the Shell Game. We will give hands-on instruction, and explain the significance of these games for the magician.

If you are interested, call Nani Wilson at (661) 257-6070.

If you have questions, I will be glad to answer them here.
manolesta73
View Profile
New user
Italy
44 Posts

Profile of manolesta73
I'm sorry they are not in the area,
in the future there will be a DVD about this course?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Even living 2 hours North of the Castle I would love to attend this course and would have no problem with the drive however Nov and Dec are ridiculously busy for me! Any other dates coming up in the near future?

Mick
Enzo
View Profile
Loyal user
CA
248 Posts

Profile of Enzo
I live around the corner ;-). What's the target audience for the course? Beginner, intermediate, advanced, any of the above?
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Any of the above. We have gambling historians, policemen, magicians, lawyers and all kinds of people. Much of the material is original and unavailable outside the School for Scoundrels and its publications.

Most of the course is contained in the DVDs "School for Scoundrels DVD on Fast and Loose," "School for Scoundrels DVD on Three-Card Monte," and "Introduction to the Shell Game--Shell Game volume I" and "Scoundrels Touch--Shell Game Volume II." Also, Bob Sheets will teach his "Shell Game Boot Camp" which is also available on DVD. The DVDs and books that we put out were originally meant to be the class notes for the School for Scoundrels Class at the Magic Castle's Magic University.
Vasilis
View Profile
Regular user
Greece
146 Posts

Profile of Vasilis
You lucky guys... Smile
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Hi Whit,

Is there any chance of giving more advance notice for future sessions?

Travel plans for those who live closer to the east coast are difficult to make on shorter notice.
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Well, usually we don't give much notice. The classes fill up pretty quickly. It is always in November, and on Sunday and Monday nights.

This year, we didn't have as many people signing up early as expected, so we have some room.
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
"There is no reality, only perception."
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
There IS a likeness!
Fixer
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Fixer
I'm in this year's course, and am loving the introduction to these games. Thanks Pop & Chef!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » School for Scoundrels (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL