The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Psychological Forces. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Some might say that this topic is better suited for the mentalism section but I know of nothing else except probably body magic that can do as much with so little. I mean everybody has there mind with them, at least most of the time right? LOL A study of the Banacheck trilogy "Psychological Subtleties" would be worth wild reading as well as Kenton Kneppers "Subliminal Effects" cd could be of great help to those wanting to learn the techniques.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
If you include "forcing" a stranger to read your mind then ...

When Arnold Furst was asked about mindreading in an impromptu situation he would say, "Anyone can read another person's mind if they trust enough!" He would then select a stranger and say, "You must trust me. I have an object in my right coat pocket and you will tell everyone what it is. It is either a coin, a watch, a folded piece of paper or lighter. Which is it?" (or other list) The impromptu assistant/medium would go through all sort of contortions to milk their moment in the spotlight and then announce the correct choice. Someone else could reach into the pocket and pull the item out. Arnold never failed at this but it is completely psychological and most times the assistant did not know how they knew.

PM me if you can't figure it out.

He would also do impromptu non-contact mind reading by sending a stranger out of the room. The group would then settle on an action to be performed similar to Hellstomism. When the uncoached assistant would return to the room he/she would perform the secret action with better that 80% accuracy. (without any contact)

This an other impromptu effects by Arnold can be found in the eBook "Furst Time"
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For years I used these methods to teach Marketing Research "planned mistakes" to students and professionals. Psychological forces are unfortunately reality in many "Research Surveys". There it is frequently considered "by accident".

The oldest profession is not what we had hoped! Lies about "scientific research findings" always win.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Psychological forces are great when they work.
Ryan Bliss
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Ryan Bliss
Dani DaOrtiz has has Psych force on his dvd Que Raro! In my performances, it has a legitimate 90% success rate. Its absolutely fantastic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Psychological Forces. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL