The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Garrett Thomas "Banded" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Got this the other day and it's brilliant! Different gimmick than I expected but in a good way. Garrett was really smart about how to use this gimmick; it's super clever. Ring is very nicely made and the size I got fits my style as well. I recommend it!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Feli
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
1 Post

Profile of Feli
Banded is absolutely brilliant, however I've noticed that after a few days of using the ring, a slight discoloration has appeared on the metal. Has anyone else had issues with this? Any solutions?
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2011-11-27 11:40, Feli wrote:
Banded is absolutely brilliant, however I've noticed that after a few days of using the ring, a slight discoloration has appeared on the metal. Has anyone else had issues with this? Any solutions?

After I wear this I get a brown discoloration around my finger. It is obviously the type of metal the ring is made of. It would be much better in Stainless Steel.The discoloration also affects the trick for the keen observer.

Chappelly
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5298 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Guys, The ring was plated and should not do this. However there have been a few instances where this has happened. Shoot me an emal and we will take care of you

heres my email
kozmomagic@me.com

sorry for the problem.

koz
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Great service as usual Kozmo.

Thanks.

Chappelly
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Kozmo's service is top notch, and Garrett is also a great teacher.

Really like this effect, and some bonuses that are on the DVD are quite nice.

My daughter loves effects with rings, and when talking about her favorite trick she goes back to this one. She is 6, and loves magic. For her, this is true magic.

RevJohn
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Hugh Entwistle
Can the ring be used for normal ring routines aswell, (is there two rings, a gimmicked and a normal) PM me if this would expose the secret
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5298 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Yes it can
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Ok thanks, I might buy this...
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2012-01-03 17:56, Hugh Entwistle wrote:
Can the ring be used for normal ring routines aswell, (is there two rings, a gimmicked and a normal) PM me if this would expose the secret

This ring is perfect for other routines such as ring on string. I wear it every day.
Hugh Entwistle
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Is the ring, good quality, I'd like replies from members who have been performing banded for a long time so there would e no question about the durability
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5298 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The ring will last forever.....its steal that's plated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuWsibMg......direct=1
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Great ring, worth it for all your ring on string effects and Ring Thing even if you don't do banded.
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of baobow
Does anyone have any tips regarding the potential clinking on the third and pinky finger when the gimmick is transferred to the third finger. Garrett doesn't mention anything regarding this on his dvd. For me it could be the fact that the ring size I use is size 23, which is the biggest on offer which doesn't offer much space between the fingers with the ring in place. And I can't seem to be able to avoid the clinking.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5298 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Actually we do sell a 24 and 25 MM
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of baobow
Hi Koz,

Are there any tips that you can provide in terms of avoiding the clinking of the gimmick when it reaches my third finger?

Thanks

Baobow
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5298 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Just spread your fingers a little one.... Work with it and it will come....
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
I have one on the way and am looking forward to learning the routine.
Sounds like a bargin if you can have it examined and used for other effects as well.
(Just hope I got the right size!)
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5298 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
You can
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Mine is for sale if anyone is interested - see the 'for sale' section.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Garrett Thomas "Banded" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL