The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » My STC problem... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
235 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Ok so the te##on came off two sides of my STC coin. There seemed to be a bubble underneath that was causing a slight problem during use. The m####ts seem a little spongy, kinda like they are held with a type of rubber cement? Im sure that's normal but now I need to get new te##on. Does anyone know where I can get this? Does that mouse tape work or will it make the coin too thick? Any help would be appreciated as this is a hundred dollar coin and now it wont work until I get this squared away. Thank you!

-Ben
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Ben,

What's an STC coin? That's a new one on me.

Kind regards
Sean
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello Ben,
Tango makes half dollar and dollar teflon circles for coins. Do a search at the Magic Warehouse or some other shops for "Teflon Circles" and you'll find what you are looking for. It's ten per pack. They work fine.

Jim
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
235 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Thanks Jim Ill give that a shot. I just don't want it to make it too thick. Has anyone else had this problem before with any type of sp##t? Sean, STC is Super Triple Coin made my Johnny Wong. Quite nice actually.

-Ben
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks Ben, I know the coin you mean now. Unfortunately I don't own any of that type of gaff so I can't help. Good luck.

Sean
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi Benjie,

I had trouble with my STC and was advised to purchase mouse tape. Works perfectly now. Excellent service from Douglas Johnson. Web site is http://www.MouseTape.com

All the best

Michael J
Detlef
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
156 Posts

Profile of Detlef
Have you tried to contact Mr. Wong? On my coins there is definitivly no Teflon but other material. Might be useful to ask
http://www.johnnywongmagic.com.tw/e_about.html
Regards from Germany
Detlef
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3074 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Ben, I highly recommend the mousetape. I removed the inner covering from the STC and replaced it woth the mousetape and it is much smoother and the cost is minimal.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
3M Clear Packing tape works well also.
The choices you have so far are:
Teflon disks
Mousetape.
3M Clear Packing tape.

Good luck.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
dogical
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of dogical
Smile

http://www.penguinmagic.com/full_search.php?q=TEFLON

Tango Actually makes them really nice.

I own both Half Dollar size and Dollar Size STC

and my half dollar STC needed new teflon, so I replaced with Tango's

Honestly, it works actually better than original. Smile
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
235 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Thank you so much everyone. I am glad at least what was on there came off completely and easily. Tim, that's a good idea with the packing tape, that's actually what it feels like! I assumed eventually they would need to get replaced. I might get the teflon disks, I have heard good things of those. And the mouse tape would be good to try. Has anyone used mouse tape with a sh##L to quiet it down?

-ben
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
190 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Wow... In a bind and just used scotch tape instead of my regular mouse tape. Just a square strip that doesn't even cover the entire area. Not bad, Try it!

-Dane
"The Great Danedini"
www.DaneDini.com
@DaneDini
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
235 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Hey Dane!
Yea I was completely blown away at how great the packing tape worked. It pretty much is the same as what was already on there! So what type of routines do you use it for?
dogical
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of dogical
I use 1 tango teflon circle, 1 mousetape for h***s and

little bit of scotch tape on the t*** (i needed some friction)

and it works great.

Did you put scotch tape on all of them?

ps. it is my stc routine Smile

http://www.facebook.com/v/1703737637308

-Doh
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
190 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Hey Guys!

The Tails side has packing tape while the other two have the Mousetape. I agree about the friction on the tails side. Great routine doh!

-Dane
"The Great Danedini"
www.DaneDini.com
@DaneDini
jconstantine
View Profile
Special user
Long Island New York
566 Posts

Profile of jconstantine
Quote:
On 2010-11-11 18:24, mrdane wrote:
Wow... In a bind and just used scotch tape instead of my regular mouse tape. Just a square strip that doesn't even cover the entire area. Not bad, Try it!

-Dane

Yeah mouse tape is awesome. I just applied it to all of my johnny wong sets and other various shells.
Misdirect yourself regularly before you attempt to misdirect others!!! Smile Smile Smile
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
Scotch tape worked great for my needs. Just a small piece where it needed to go. BINGO!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6947 Posts

Profile of bowers
Mouse tape is super slick.
works great.
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Guys, how thick is mouse tape relative to scotch tape, packing tape (the heavy duty type)? I used the later but still had an issue. Then I used the screen protector tape used for mobile phones, but it is considerably thicker than tape.
Cal Tong
Past President
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
249 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
Calvin,
I don't have both tapes in front of me to compare, but can say that the mouse tape is definately thicker than packing tape. If you're using it for STC it's works to perfection. The tape is not so thick that it would interfere unless you're using it for something that requires a super thin tape. I'd be glad to show you the tape next time we meet. Let me know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » My STC problem... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL