The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Jamming invisotorch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Covernton
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of Covernton
I have recently bought the invisotorch on a pyromaniacal whim. I'm honestly a little disappointed. The instructions are quite insufficient for what is basically a pocket flamethrower. I figured maybe you folks here might be able to toss me a couple suggestions as to making it work better.

Problem one is that when it's newly loaded, it somehow sprays liquid rather than gas. I noted this only happened when the fuel source was located in an indirect line from the nozzle, so I suspect that was the problem there.

Second... my flint wheel frequently jams. I seem to remember that when my zippo did that it meant it needed a new flint.. but the flint in the torch is just fine. Does anyone have any idea of how one might go about preventing it from jamming in performance?

And the third question is a handling problem. I find that the method for holding it is somewhat unclear in the manual. Can anyone give me a better description? I find it's difficult to keep it held betwen the index and thumb while keeping the tension on the elastic "thing" plus flicking the flint wheel. Especially since it takes a couple times often to ignite the butane, I'd ideally like to be able to flick it several times in quick succession.

Again any suggestions for fixing the wheel, handling or any other modifications are welcome!

tx!

-Covernton
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Hi There,
I am sorry for your frustrations. I would like to ask you about your comment on "...what is basically a pocket flame thrower..."

What did you think that you where buying?
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a device that was as small as a pack of gum, yet would produce such a large flame?
The Inviso Torch was created by me to add convenience to devices that were out in the market already. They were always big and bulky. Inviso Torch added many new elements to magic.

In regards to your jammed flint, either you have worked it loose by now or you need to. Just take the wheel and force it to spin downwards it will free itself, it is just new.

In regards to handling the striker, this will just take practice.
I understand what you are going through. The same things that I did while inventing it.

If you have further frustrations just give your torch to someone with a little more patience, give me an EMAIL at
http://www.whitrabbitmagic.net
and I will trade your purchase price for something from my store.

Your friend in magic,
Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
lewis
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of lewis
Hi,

I think his 'which is bascially a pocket flamethrower' meant the instructions were skimpy for something that is a 'pocket flamethrower' e.g dangerous.

Lewis.
Covernton
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of Covernton
Oh believe me, I understood the nature of the device when I bought it. It came as no surprise to me that it is a small devise that shoots large flames. And I am still looking forward to using the item!

Upon closer and repeat inspections of the product, I found that in all likelihood many of the problems I have been having could be attributed to a faulty hose. There appears to be butane leaking out of it somewhere. So I'm going to the macic shop in the next couple of days to see about a replacement or a possible method to fix/replace the bit.

I like to think I'm a patient man, but I do get a little edgy practicing with an item that doesn't appear to be fuctioning correctly and is spraying butane on me during it's use.

Thank you for your help in my troubles and your kind offer for the trade =)

-Covernton
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Covernton,

If you would like send it to me anyway and I can replace it for you. I am out of the loop now for the manufacturing of this product, and would like to keep a fresh eye on quality control.
As for the instructions, Ben Harris wrote the new intructions for Inviso Torch.
I will send a copy along with your replacement.

Any further info such as your address we can keep from the forum. Please PM.
Jim Pace
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Covernton
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of Covernton
Just an update on my situation, I've had my invisotorch replaced and the replacement works beautifully.

Thanks all for your help in the matter!

-Covernton
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Once again Jim Pace comes through. There ae few in any industry who support their products like Jim does.

I have bought magic items for hundreds of dollars and never gotten such good service as I get from Jim on a $30 item.

Way to go Jim! Another saitified customer to add the hundreds, even thousands out there who have bought your products.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Jamming invisotorch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.55 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL