The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Best effects with a memorized deck (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
Quote:
On 2011-04-09 04:48, JanForster wrote:
Then don't forget to look up Simon's "Everybody's Lazy", it's another gem. Hope you've ordered "Simply Simon". Jan

I did indeed order SImply Simon. Will look up this effect as well.

Thanks!

SPM
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I learned a memorized deck for Bill Malones trick also
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-04-08 08:57, landmark wrote:
Past-Present-Future, already mentioned above, is such a perfect trick that if you haven't learned a memorized deck yet, forget your classic pass practice for the next two months, learn the deck and the trick, and be a very happy camper.

If I had to pick my two favorite stack independent memorized deck effects, it would probably be "Past,Present, Future" (for use with a single audience participant) and "Four Part Harmony" (for use with four audience participants). However, since there are so many good and strong effects stack independent memorized deck effects out there, I'm fairly certain that I am forgetting some equally strong that I also like. But, I think that the two above-referenced ones are are the two stack independent memorized deck effects that I enjoy performing the most.

Catch me on another day and,...I'll probably have switched one or both of these out for different one(s). (grin)

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Mike, good that you mention "Four Part Harmony". It's incredible strong and so often overlooked. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2011-04-17 06:29, JanForster wrote:
Mike, good that you mention "Four Part Harmony". It's incredible strong and so often overlooked. Jan

Thanks for the validation on "Four Part Harmony". I love this effect and, for me, I find the calculation(s) required much more direct and easier to do "on the fly" than those in some of Simon's other great effects (such as "Everybody's Lazy" and "Four Stop Intersection"). Besides the ease in calculation, I also love the varied revelation presentations...each seemingly more impossible than the last one(s).

Don't get me wrong. There are so many great memorized deck effects sprinkled through out all four of Simon's books that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting many many other great ones. As such, "my favorites" just comes down to a personal (probably quirky) choice of the two that currently "speak to me". (grin)

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
J.CADEAC
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
67 Posts

Profile of J.CADEAC
The GEM I use in my show is the "Three-card Location" from Steve Ehlers.
Even if I sometimes change my act (adding or removing something), I keep and will always keep this killer routine !

Jérôme
"You must either modify your dreams or magnify your skills".
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2010-11-20 06:35, JohnWells wrote:
Joe Riding has (I suppose had)one of the best routines out there.

Is Joe dead? Or what? I'm not understanding the use of the word "had". Thanks for any clarification in this regard.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Yes, Joe Riding passed away in 2005.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:

What is the name of the Joe Riding routine to which you refer? Is it included in the compiled 24 newsletter ebook that I found using Google? Thanks for the info.

Eschew obfuscation.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
The trick that finally got me to learn a mem deck was 'The Zen Master' from Scams & Fantasies, Darwin Ortiz. What a baffling, well constructed effect. Someone performed this for me and I immediately picked up a copy of Bound To Please by Aronson.
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
And Darwin's book as well of course!
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
I've been reading Simply Simon and am really enjoying his work on the concept of the open index. I felt somewhat validated in that I came up with some of the ideas that Simon had independently. I've been using an impression device (Labco Mindbuster Mini) in conjunction with the Tamariz stack to do ACAAN. The effect has been very very well received. To me, this section of the book was worth the price of the entire book. Still haven't decided on my favourite effect from the book yet.

SPM
Magic1
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
408 Posts

Profile of Magic1
Does anyone know the name/source of the aforementioned Joe Riding routine with a memorized deck? Thanks Smile
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Some examples of effects that I use a lot, they are very good:

Shuffle Tracking by Simon Aronson
Invisible Card by Simon Aronson
Test Your Luck by Darwin Ortiz
Zen Master by Darwin Ortiz
Card Sense by Darwin Ortiz
Last Laugh by Darwin Ortiz
Billion Dollar Brain by Darwin Ortiz
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Whenever I get the right opportunity I love performing Simon's Four Stop Intersection. Pure mind reading with cards!
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2015, The_MetalMaster wrote:
Whenever I get the right opportunity I love performing Simon's Four Stop Intersection. Pure mind reading with cards!

The math is simple and the effect is great. JanFoster has some improvements--Message him!
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 13, 2015, lcwright1964 wrote:
Quote:

The math is simple and the effect is great. JanFoster has some improvements--Message him!

I appreciate that. will do! thanks
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
321 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 13, 2015, lcwright1964 wrote:
Quote:

His improvement is on Four Part Harmony
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On May 8, 2011, Turk wrote:
Quote:

What is the name of the Joe Riding routine to which you refer? Is it included in the compiled 24 newsletter ebook that I found using Google? Thanks for the info.

Hello, All.

I still trying to find out the name (and source?) of the above-referenced Joe Riding memorized deck effect. Any information in these regards would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
superej68
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of superej68
Mnemocosis, acaan, getting into ndo, almost everything from mnemonica
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Best effects with a memorized deck (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL