The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Perfect Shuffle Riffle Stacks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
UnknownMagician93
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of UnknownMagician93
If anyone here has work on this or similar to this please post up and critique my performance! Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi8ksoxtFzs

Dan
Jonathan O
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jonathan O
I can't watch the video because Sony Music Entertainment doesn't allowed me to. Is it still possible for me to watch the video in some way?

Jonathan
tegib
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of tegib
I also can't play the video.Same reason
UnknownMagician93
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Sorry about that guys, I've reupped it with the raw audio for those who cant watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK4CWWxwC9g
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I liked the video UnknownMagician93 - and you don't need me to tell you to keep at it - keep learning and working on your technique - it is nice to see people putting the time in.

Best ahead
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
774 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Personally I think the ability to do a consistent perfect riffle shuffle, (not a faro) even of a slug, at regular shuffle speed is impressive.

Certainly, the cut could have simply been accomplished with a crimp but it seems the point of the video was to show a perfect shuffle technique and the aces and the deal were simply there to prove the technique.

If everything in the video was above board... then I think the shuffle technique was very good.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
That Vanna White crap you do with your hands (especically after the second ribbon spread) is really, really, annoying.
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
774 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
I, like a few others here, have shown a low tolerance for a lot of the B.S. we must wade through to get to the worthwhile nuggets in this forum in the past.

If I am going to continue to "call it as I see it" then I should be fair and consistent. I don't know anything about this kid and am perfectly willing to take the word of others I trust here that he is or was a jerk.

However, when it comes to the merits of the video posted in this thread... and his perfect shuffle...
then it seems he is the jerk with "the work".

Good job on the shuffle kid.
UnknownMagician93
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Dowser- Thank you for your compliments! Is there anything wrong with the speed/rythym of the shuffle? I know it's not "up to par" because I just put them in the deck openly, but is there anything with the actual SHUFFLE I can improve?

Bish- Thank you as well, and I'm wondering if you have any tips for the shuffle as well?

Silverking- I'm sorry if I've offended you in some way, but this isn't about culling the cards, crimps, etc. I want to know what you think of the shuffles themselves. I don't plan on cheating in games and the like, so I figure that for demonstration purposes it makes more sense to openly place the aces in the deck. If I wanted the aces position to be unnoticed, I could think of much easier ways to accomplish a 4 hand stack.

Everyone else- As I said before, the thing with England is in the past. Let's leave it there. I know apologizing doesn't rid me of stupidity, but there is also no need to bring up issues that have been resolved between the two parties involved (myself and jason).

Dan
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:

............. this isn't about culling the cards, crimps, etc. I want to know what you think of the shuffles themselves.

It's a very good shuffle.

You obviously lay in singles with assurance and speed...........but then, you already know that.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2010-11-05 10:58, silverking wrote:
Cull, Cull during the shuffle, THEN place the cards for the deal............that's the kind of video we've had links to here in the past.

And when it works it is a "triumph"!

Just my opinion!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2010-11-05 18:52, UnknownMagician93 wrote:
Bish- Thank you as well, and I'm wondering if you have any tips for the shuffle as well?

I would suggest to learn how to stack the aces from the top or bottom - and from a slug that is not on the top or the bottom. Also learn to cull and then stack the hand on the fly. There is not that much use to cull and stack on the fly in magic however I like this kind of technique because it can lead to inspire other work and other ideas that are useable.

Suggested reading - Revelations by Dai Vernon and Erdnase.

This book has some block transfer work in it published on the Steven's cull and other useful table riffle shuffle work.

I hope this helps and keep up the good work - from the video I think your doing very good.

Best ahead.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

UnknownMagician93
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Thanks for the help Glenn and Silverking. Im curious... are there any published shuffle culls besides the stevens cull? Anything in say.. Fulves manuscripts?
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Hi UnknownMagician93

There are some very good things in print - block transfer work - culling - stacking - culling and stacking on the fly - I find this kind of riffle shuffle work very rare. It is hard to suggest just because I have no idea how skilled the person is who is often asking.

When it comes to culling and stacking for magic - and doing gambling routines I use the old Vernon Triumph shuffle. One of the many reasons why I favor the triumph shuffle is that I am using it for entertainment. I am not really cheating in a card game.

One of the stacking methods I use to stack four aces from the bottom I wrote up in the secret sessions section of the Café. You will need 50 posts to get in the secret sessions section. Vernon's triumph shuffle was written up in the stars of magic.

Now as you read about the triumph shuffle and when you link/ and look at the video that is at my web site. You will most likely read some insults and trolling along the way. Silverking's little line about falling asleep - and No-Doze.

Basically what I am saying - I don't perform the triumph shuffle in a show like I do it in the video. I did not video the triumph shuffle the way I do it because I did not want the way that I use it to get out for free. The same with my punch work - I published it in steps.

The video at my web sight is only there to show what is possible with the shuffle.

I suggest you get a copy of revelations - I got many good ideas from that book.

I hope this helps.

Just a few more thoughts and opinion
Glenn Bishop Cardician

The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
774 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
I think you have put in the effort, and although I don't suggest you stop practicing now, I do suggest you start thinking about how this ability can be applied. When it comes to riffle stacking, you have acquired a deadly skill... and it may be more useful than you realize. Figure out how you are going to manage the cut, and put together some routines, demo's, or deals. If you had simply started with a crimp above your slug and "layed in" below it as well... you would have had a very stunning demo.
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Here is a link that might help in the search - of culling and stacking. Please also keep in mind that these methods were worked out for entertainment (and I consider the triumph shuffle a pseudo technique) of culling and stacking used for entertainment.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=188&53

Just my opinion and I hope this helps and good luck.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
774 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
I have yet to see the "Triumph Shuffle" used for anything that can be remotely referred to as entertaining... with the exception of Vernon's original trick: Triumph.

There is some work on culling in the Fulves manuscripts under the heading of "blocking off". You can also find a different approach to culling using the Zarrow shuffle in Jerry Sadowitz's "Thanks to Zarrow". This last technique is also touched on by Jason England in the "Unreal Work" dvd.

The video you posted in this thread displays a valuable achievement and to consider adding a crappy technique to your arsenal along the lines as that which has been endlessly touted by Mr. Bishop (Glenn) as the "triumph riffle cull" would stand out like P!$$ in the pure white snow.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Here we gooooooooooo.............. Lobo, you wanna make book on this thread? How many posts before he states he's done with the topic? How many succeeding posts before he's back? It almost seems like an unfair advantage for those who have been around awhile and know the run stats but I'm sure bets can and will be made!

FWIW, I totally agree with ya Dowser!
UnknownMagician93
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Thanks for your help and compliments here dowser! The only applications I've experimented with so far are things like vernon's aces, using the shuffle in place of a faro. But of course, this is more for "showing off" then a lyamen performance, as a faro is definitely easier. I'll keep playing with it for sure, and maybe I'll come across a real gem;)
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2010-11-06 14:45, The Dowser wrote:
I have yet to see the "Triumph Shuffle" used for anything that can be remotely referred to as entertaining... with the exception of Vernon's original trick: Triumph.

I can understand what your saying here dowser. Perhaps it is because you have never seen me work live in a show. And having said that your little comment about Jack Pyle turning over in his grave - well in my opinion considering you have never seen Jack Pyle do a live show (I have many times) - and the only a short footage that was at my web site - or perhaps did not even hear of him until I talked about him well - that tells me a lot about you and silver when he made comments.
Quote:

The video you posted in this thread displays a valuable achievement and to consider adding a crappy technique to your arsenal along the lines as that which has been endlessly touted by Mr. Bishop (Glenn) as the "triumph riffle cull" would stand out like P!$$ in the pure white snow.

Again Dowser - I don't think that you get it. That is OK in my book I take the above as a compliment because I have never seen what I would call good cullling and stacking on the fly on the web - what I would call a practical method. And I have never seen video on the web or on a DVD of anyone doing a 12 card cull/stack anywhere except at MY web site and on my 2 DVD's - that alone tells me "EVERYTHING".
Quote:
On 2010-11-06 15:41, MickeyPainless wrote:
Here we gooooooooooo.............. Lobo, you wanna make book on this thread? How many posts before he states he's done with the topic? How many succeeding posts before he's back? It almost seems like an unfair advantage for those who have been around awhile and know the run stats but I'm sure bets can and will be made!

Well I have been down this road before - and the trolling kept bringing me back. However this time - I am no longer interested in talking about how cool this culling on the fly technique is - or how cool being able to cull/stack 12 cards and since I seem to be the only one that can do this - and I seem to be the only one that thinks the concept is cool - I will be leaving the gambling spot and I don't think I will be back - because the conversation is not to my taste.

Quote:
On 2010-11-06 15:41, MickeyPainless wrote:
FWIW, I totally agree with ya Dowser!

And I am highly complimented that you do Mickey - That tells me "EVERYTHING". And again - blackeagle is not Glenn Bishop!

I hope this helps - Just my opinion - Cheers!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Perfect Shuffle Riffle Stacks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL