The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Perfect Shuffle Riffle Stacks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20194 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think I can offer some help, and perhaps be the voice of reason. (Yea imagine that ME the voice of reason!)

If he had put this video in another section sans the comments about Jason England, it would have definately been received in a more welcoming fashion. I think in "The Gambling Spot" there is an assumption that one is not looking to do demonstrations but rather a different type of card work. One in which placing 4 cards face up ahead of time and then counting the thrid card above them and cutting it there is not acceptable.

Heck in the vast majority of magic tricks it would not fly but it would have been better off in the video section rather than the gambling section. This alone would have solved a few problems I believe.

In other words "location location location".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Looks a free riffle Braue Poker Deal more or less, see ECT. Braue uses a crimp to cut to. Anyway its not easy to do free hand perfect riffling consistantly even its only a for catching few cards.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
774 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Quote:
On 2010-11-07 07:45, bishthemagish wrote:
... I have never seen what I would call good cullling and stacking on the fly on the web - what I would call a practical method.

None of us have.

Culling and Stacking from a pre-culled slug is not "on the fly"
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Quote:
On 2010-11-07 13:51, The Dowser wrote:
Quote:
... I have never seen what I would call good cullling and stacking on the fly on the web - what I would call a practical method.

None of us have.

Culling and Stacking from a pre-culled slug is not "on the fly"

Yes - this is culling and stacking on the fly from a shuffled deck when I have no idea where the aces are in the deck.

http://www.mrhypnotist.org/video/glennbi......umph.wmv
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-06 14:45, The Dowser wrote:
I have yet to see the "Triumph Shuffle" used for anything that can be remotely referred to as entertaining... with the exception of Vernon's original trick: Triumph.

Perhaps it is because you have never seen me work live in a show.

Undoubtedly.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Heres a link to a triumph effect done with culling on "the fly" and its very "Entertaining" and won't put you to sleep during the culling part... mabee some troll can watch and learn something... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh_B6ZhkmVM
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Nice! Green?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Green as in Lennart? No, Kostya Kimlat and his Roadrunner Cull, the lad has serious chops!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Perfect Shuffle Riffle Stacks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL