The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brittain Bass
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Brittain Bass
Hey,
I am really looking for a wallet with "magical abilities."
If anyone knows of a good deal on one, I am able to trade or buy.
thanks.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22899 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Welcome to the Café!

I find your 1st post kind of a mystery. What "magical abilties" are you looking for in a wallet. Magic, mentalism, exchanges, cards, coins, or what, some wallets can do several things, but not all wallets do everything.

There are hundreds of wallets on the market currently, could you clairfy a little.
Brittain Bass
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Brittain Bass
Well, I am fairly new to wallets, so I am open.
I definitely would like one for a card to wallet for the end of my ACR routine. I have been looking at the Stealth Assassin wallet, but I think those are a little out of my price range. I like the "Cataclysm" effect, and would like a wallet useful for that. I am new to this genre of magic, so I am just looking for something to find and devlop routines for.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22899 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Most wallets are in the $70 to $100 range, as they are made of leather, which is not a cheap material.

I found the Mak Magic Card to Wallet an excellent product for $30.00. It is a copy of a more expensive version, but that version is a copy of the original.

Go to http://www.stoners.com and enter card in wallet in the search engine. Click on the top reference 'card in wallet'. You can see the picture and order if you like this billfold version. This version does use palming the card.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6021 Posts

Profile of motown
Do you want a palm or no palm wallet? That's a big factor for deciding the right wallet to buy.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 08:27, Brittain Bass wrote:
Well, I am fairly new to wallets, so I am open.
I definitely would like one for a card to wallet for the end of my ACR routine. I have been looking at the Stealth Assassin wallet, but I think those are a little out of my price range. I like the "Cataclysm" effect, and would like a wallet useful for that. I am new to this genre of magic, so I am just looking for something to find and devlop routines for.

"Wallet" is not a genre of magic; it's a prop. It may be gimmicked or not; it may be an integral part of the plot or effect or it may appear to be non-important.

It you want to do card to wallet, then perhaps you might research all of the various methods for performing the effect. In doing so you may determine that you can use whatever wallet you use in "real" life.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22899 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 20:39, Donal Chayce wrote:
[It you want to do card to wallet, then perhaps you might research all of the various methods for performing the effect. In doing so you may determine that you can use whatever wallet you use in "real" life.

I have been in magic for 50 years, and do not know how one would go about researching all of the methods for performing the card in wallet effect. I had to purchase 10 different wallets to collect 10 different or sleightly different methods. Outside of Ed Marlo, I don't know of any other reference for the card in wallet using an everyday wallet.

If you would like to list the references, I would appreciate it. I am always open to learning how to find all the methods without investment or references. I must have been doing it wrong all these years.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
887 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Check out the Triple Threat, and Hip Bombshell wallets here. Also, if you are interested in a palm style, you can go for the modifier, which makes any wallet into a Real Man's Style wallet.

http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/effects.htm

Tony Miller makes great stuff and he is a great guy.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6021 Posts

Profile of motown
If you goggle: Wallets, Magic you'll pull up a really good reference source on the various types of magic wallets. The Wallet Book is another good source of information.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The original LePaul routine didn't use a wallet but found the ACR card in a sealed envelope amongst a packet of envelopes. Just as strong a reaction from laymen as using an expensive wallet.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 21:02, wmhegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 20:39, Donal Chayce wrote:
[It you want to do card to wallet, then perhaps you might research all of the various methods for performing the effect. In doing so you may determine that you can use whatever wallet you use in "real" life.

I have been in magic for 50 years, and do not know how one would go about researching all of the methods for performing the card in wallet effect. I had to purchase 10 different wallets to collect 10 different or sleightly different methods. Outside of Ed Marlo, I don't know of any other reference for the card in wallet using an everyday wallet.

If you would like to list the references, I would appreciate it. I am always open to learning how to find all the methods without investment or references. I must have been doing it wrong all these years.

Bill, I gotta tell ya, you put the mud in curmudgeon. Why the sarcasm? Why the snarky tone?

It was not my intention that the OP take my suggestion to research all of the methods literally, rather it was to encourage him to do some research before rushing out to purchase a prop.

Now, in answer to your question, Jerry Mentzer's The Card to Wallet Book might be a good place for him (and you) to start.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6021 Posts

Profile of motown
Jerry Mentzer's The Card to Wallet Book, that's the book I was referring to.

Here's a link to the article I was talking about:
http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/artwallet.htm
– Karl Germain
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5369 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Here is a link to a little review on some of the no palm card to wallet props. It started a nice discussion on the various props available.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=113

There are even more versions available since that little review but that will get you started in your research.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL