The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Dinner Theater Magic Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Jonathan,
I'm surprised they went for a 50/50 split specifically because they were supplying dinner for their half of the split. Great idea.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2724 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2010-11-30 01:00, jonathandupree wrote:
Here is the logo

LOVE the logo!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of jonathandupree
Thanks! I am flying to oklahoma city today for a dinner theater tomorrow and will let you guys know the success of it / right now it is sold out. Smile
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1030 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Jonthan,

Did you do the $700-1,000 in BOR sales?

I do quite well at family events, but that is normally buying things for their kids.

I haven't ever set up BOR at an all adult event.
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Tim I did 750. At the dinner theater in oklahoma I did 400. I am doing another dinner theater in july and will let you know hoe it goes. I always sell a ton for family events but also do well at adult only events as well.
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
767 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
Thanks for sharing this Jonathan. What type of items do you make available for the BOR sales for adults?
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I'd be interested in Michael's question also.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1960 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
How can a country club provide a meal for $20 and make a profit? Even with the menu you outlined, $20 does not go far. 50 people X $20 = $1000 less the cost of food and service = not much profit for the group you are partnering with. I would live to do these in my area, but am not sure still how you are convincing them that this is a worth while venture for them.
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Charlie,
Every place I've done one has told me they can provide a meal for 7 to 10 bucks, rest is profit. They also all had a cash bar which stayed busy and waitresess continued to work the rooms during the show.

Hope that helps.
As far as product. . . I sell four things. . .
1. Rising magic wand
2. Magic coloring book
3. Svengalli de k
4. Rocky raccoon
danchanmagic
View Profile
New user
San Francisco, CA
23 Posts

Profile of danchanmagic
I did the same thing with a restaurant in Cupertino CA. My venue seats 250 in the front banquet hall and 600 in the rear banquet hall, in addition we have 10 VIP rooms. Many restaurants will accommodate you if you can bring people in on slower days. There's not much profit but my whold dinner show team has gotten experience they wouldn't have gotten. In addition I've gotten lots of spin off work from running these dinner shows.

Click here to view attached image.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1960 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I recall this thread from a few years ago. Sadly, it seems Jonathan Dupree no longer performs magic as a business or participates here. I thought he had some really good ideas.

Congratulations Danchan!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Dinner Theater Magic Show (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL