The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Final feedback needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WV
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa, Durban
293 Posts

Profile of WV
After much consideration and thought I have finally decided on 4 effects that I will be performing in my upcomming 30 minutes Parlour/Cabaret show on 27 November 2010. The list has been reworked a couple of times, but I am quite happy with the final outcome.

Premonition by Eddie Joseph:

A spectator's thought of card that he/she names out loud is missing from the deck that he handles and ends up being found in your pocket.

Between the Palms by Alex Elmsley:

A card held between the palms of one spectator is found to be the signed card of another spectator that signed the card after a card was handed to the first spectator.

ENvision:

A spectator draws a picture which is then sealed in an envelope and the magician is able to read his mind and duplicate the design.

Clutch:

The magician reaches into the spectator's pocket and instantly pulls out the spectator's selected card from a seald deck of cards that was handled by the spectator.

I would like to get some feedback from people who have performed before.
Vernesto

"I'm not perfect, just forgiven!"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Good for you! I always feel really centered and calm once I have the act routined. Then one can concentrate totally on presentation, practice and rehearsal without the doubts of uncertainty...

Good luck!

Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
leechiswell
View Profile
Regular user
England
108 Posts

Profile of leechiswell
I haven't performed much before and am only fairly new so please only take this as my humble opinion!

You have three selected card routines (all excellent) and one drawing duplication. It just seems to me that the drawing dupe looks a bit out of place. I know the first effect is a mental card effect, but in the context of the other two it might still come over as a "card trick" rathern than a mental effect. I would either replace one of the card locations with another more mentalism type piece, or replace the drawing dupe with another card effect.

But just an opinion obviously!

ENvision sounds great by the way.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Good routine selections. Premonition is one of the best and most brilliant routines ever devised. It's a truly stunning piece of mental magic.

Best,
Brad Burt
WV
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa, Durban
293 Posts

Profile of WV
The "theme" is "The Power of the Imagination". When you are imagining something, an hour of "imagination" can be a second of real time.

Premonition - Mind can imagine the future (magician) or the past (spectator) - This makes sense if you know Premonition. I am also starting it off the same way that most poeple do the Invisible Deck, where the shuffle an invisible deck and remove the card, "show" it to the audience and then because the audience can't see it, the spec tells them what it is. Then the routine follows.

Between the palms - It is all about time and space where the signed selected card has been with the "gaurdian" the whole time.

I then move on to talk about how sometimes when the phone rings you know who it is, even before you answer it. Or you think of someone you haven't seen in years and shortly after you see them. I say that psychics use the same method, but for their own gain. I know all tehir tricks and will prove it conclusively for entertainment sake.

Clutch:

I talks about Houdini and then explain say that "What the eye sees and the ear hears, the mind believes" (Swordfish - Travolta).
Vernesto

"I'm not perfect, just forgiven!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Final feedback needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL