The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Forcing Books ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magyckmyke
View Profile
New user
Lafayette La
57 Posts

Profile of Magyckmyke
I was on a site the other day that had a list of antique forcing books.Are new forcing books still being sold today? I have done a few searches at online magic stores without any luck.Any suggestions?
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Ok Magyckmyke,
I can't figure out if you mean books on forces or books that force (words, numbers).
From there I can help!

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27106 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
anyone set up a forcing web page?

where every nth paragraph has as its mth word ...

book... book... what means book? Is that a kind of paper webpage? Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Magyckmyke
View Profile
New user
Lafayette La
57 Posts

Profile of Magyckmyke
Magickman
I was looking for books that force words like those found here but a little newer.
[outdated link]
Magickman
View Profile
Elite user
St.Petersburg, Fl.
402 Posts

Profile of Magickman
Magyckmyke,
I have a 2 forcing books that I like, got them both from tannens in NY. First and foremost is "Asrology the hidden force"
This book set (you get 2 books both are the same, hardbound. Red cover black cover)
is awesome! Each page has a lucky card, you can have the spectator open the book to find his lucky card and you devine it. You can have the sectator open to any page and look at the last word on the page and devine that. You can have them look up the page with their birthdate on it and devine a word from that page. It takes a little time to learn but it's a great effect! The second one is a Sherlock Holems book that works in the same way yet only uses the first word on each page. These books do not force words as any page can be turned to. But if it is the same effect you are looking for, please check them out! They are very good!

Magickman
What man knows he calls Science
What he has yet to learn he calls Magick
Both are real!

_Tony Andruzzi_
jo
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of jo
Magickman, I have that book too. 'Astrology' is brilliant in that there are so many different effects possible with it, even to 'devining'the person's actual birthdate, from a single word. And there is no need to even let the audience know that you know the word!

I also liked the instructions manual as this gave me ideas as to simple mind reading forces that can be incorporated into my advertising. (I have since changed that though as my understanding of psychological forces has increased).

The book itself (title) gives you good reason to include it in a Mentalism/Psychic/Bizarre/New Age performance.

'Astrology The Hidden Force' is well worth it!

Jo Smile
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Larry Becker sold a Sherlock Holmes Forcing book that was great and despite the naysayers, I still love Steve Dusheck's little forcing book of quotations too.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Forcing Books ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL