The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Flea Circus Music Design Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
I am in the process of building a flea circus and am trying to decide where to have the music come from. I am considering two options. In either case, the source of music will be a small ipod and I will amplify the sound.

1) Build two vents from brass tubing in the front of the box that houses the circus. They will look like colliope pipes. Behind the pipes will be black grill cloth and behind that the speakers. I have mocked up the idea with pieces of paper mounted to the actual box here: http://picasaweb.google.com/boatguy3800/......28964978

2) Use a separate stand alone colliope I will have to disassemble a Christmas display (we haven't used in years). See a picture of the colliope here: http://picasaweb.google.com/boatguy3800/......90935666

Those that perform a flea circus... where does your music come from? Do you think having music come from inside the circus box or suitcase detract by planting a negative idea in the spectators mind that there is something in there?

I like the idea of having it all together, but at the same time I'm not sure about having music come from the case.

Thoughts?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Go for option 2,,,don`t self contain as then speckies think all is automated.

I use Svenson DVD sound on a small DVD player linked to the free standing amp 150 watts.
Player is on table behind Circus so can be operated at the same time as fleas are performing.

Ken.
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
I use a calliope that I built that includes a remote controlled cd player and a remarkably good pair of tiny speakers. I agree that the audience needs to see the source of the music or it will suspect mechanics for the whole circus.
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
Thanks. This is very helpful. I wondered a lot about this and you have confirmed my instincts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Flea Circus Music Design Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL