The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Transferred (Proper Review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Villa
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Villa
Name: Tranferred by Peter Eggink
Type: Close-up cards/money
Cost: £11.99
Angles: Surrounded
Reset: Instant
Difficulty: 4/5

Effect:
You display a deck of cards and allow a spectator the choice any card they like (no force). The spectator then signs the card and it's returned to the pack and lost. The deck is placed on the table. A bill is then borrowed as well which the spectator also signs their name on.

The bill is displayed on both sides and you slowly start to fold it into eighths. With the folded bill at your fingertips, you slowly wave it over the deck of cards and, as you do so, the bill visibly changes into a folded playing card! When the card is opened up, there is the spectator's signature!

Next, the spectator cuts the deck himself and finds a folded bill right where they've cut. The spectator himself unfolds the bill to again find their signature!

COMMENTS:

A very nice commercial routine that will fit into most close-up workers' routines. Depending on your card skill this may take a bit of practice to learn the main sleight.

A couple of nice subtleties are also deployed to throw the spectators in another direction!

For those familiar with other signed-bill-to-impossible-location effects, please note that a shuttle pass is NOT used !! The signed bill can be lifted off the deck by the spectator or tipped into their hand...a nice change from you tipping it into your hand then handing it out.

Only small concern is that UK notes are all made by different banks (in Scotland anyway) i.e. a £5.00 can be from up to three different banks and have slight differences. Euros or Dollars will be fine. However, the bill is seen then tipped into their hand so I don't think this will be noticed as the colours are still the same.

A couple of alternative handlings are given for removing the bill and making the visual change from bill to card, my own thoughts.....

Wrap the signed bill in flash paper and place it on top of the deck and light it....WHOOSH the card appears on top of the deck which is then cut at the signed bill which is lifted off the deck ? Just an idea!

A nice visual traposition that uses a borrowed item, resets and can be added into any close-up routine.

Enjoy

Villa
zauber
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of zauber
An accurate review EXCEPT for one item. The revealed bill CANNOT be lifted off the deck by the spectator. Still a good effect.
"I'm still learning."
-----Michelangelo
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0YorALw1pM&NR=1

I bought this a long time ago, in fact when it was first released, and love it. Yet I stumbled across this demo...now, am I right in thinking that this person is actually doing all the diry work etc when the cuts come in...like adding and removing certain things...and I don't remember being able to slide off the bill so cleanly...is this false advertising?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
You can learn this on Peter's DVD "Straners like me", as well as A.E., 3 FRY, and others.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

And does it look as clean as this on the DVD? The single marketed item I bought didn't look this clean
www.magicman13.co.uk

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Waita minute? Is that Peter? If so, that is false advertising. Because Transferred does not look that clean. It's a great trick, don't get me wrong. Very visual. But it uses pretty standard sleight of hand stuff. That demo looked lke a firggin miracle.

I don't think that's Peter on there.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

I'm not saying it is Peter, Peter is a good friend and I know he wouldn't do this. But, some company is using it as a demo for the effect, which to me looks false
www.magicman13.co.uk

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

I don't know Peter, but his demos are always first rate and really show what the effect looks like in the real world. That's why I didn't think it was him on that demo. But it is confusing as the credits read like it is his demo.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7005 Posts

I don't know Peter, but his demos are always first rate and really show what the effect looks like in the real world. That's why I didn't think it was him on that demo. But it is confusing as the credits read like it is his demo.
McScratchy
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
114 Posts

Profile of McScratchy
I don't know if this is Peter either, But, I do know that this is the exact same video that was used as the demo when this trick was first marketed as a single item...so chances are...it is him. This is a sticky subject. Given the simple yet brilliant nature of Peter's trick...it would be easily reverse engineered by magicians if all the work were shown on video. He was probably trying to show everyone how the effect appears to spectators. Since this was one of his early releases and none of his other demos have been altered in this way...I'd say he's changed his thinking about doing demos in this way.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

I still don't believe this was Peter, but in any case, just because the person wanted to show how it looked...isn't that wrong? As people will be buying it thinking they can do it like in the demo, but they can't...
www.magicman13.co.uk

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6011 Posts

Profile of motown
One interesting thing to note. The fellow in the demo is wearing a ring. I didn't see Peter wearing a ring in his other demos. So, maybe it's not Peter.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Transferred (Proper Review) (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL