The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Which Newspaper Tear Should I Perform? (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2015, Pop Haydn wrote:
Some newspaper tears make great closing tricks, some do not. Why?

I don't know, why?
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Well, some have a quiet thoughtful ending, some have an applause cue built in and a sudden ending. That is one thing.
MrKen
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of MrKen
For me, Axel Hecklau's Newsflash is the best I have had the pleasure working with because you don't have to fumble with your fingers behind the newspaper.
rupeshkthakur
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of rupeshkthakur
I have almost all versions in the library. But...... Interestingly who is an inspirer of this idea. http://www.magikraft.com/coupons/

I would like to learn more in more detail about these versions - Karroll Fox Newspaper Tear,Max Londono Ultimate Newspaper Tear
Al Baker Newspaper Tear(give the reference to the page and the exact name)

Richard Mo - Newspaper Torn & Restored
Antonio Romero - Torn Restored Newspaper
Alan Shaxon - Cabaret Magic(two versions)
Nick Lewin - Ultimate Slow Motion Newspaper Tear(already mentioned)
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I'm familiar with them all, including Baxt (which I'm not sure was discussed here). I use Mason's no-tear method. Why? When I'm done, I fold it up and put it in my case and it's ready for the next show. It may not have the impact that the others have (especially for magicians), but to the spectators all they remember is the BAM flash restoration of the paper. There are some funny bits with the torn paper at the beginning, and to me this isn't as strong as actually tearing the paper, but like I said, the last 3 seconds is the selling point of the whole trick.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
For you Torn & Restored Newspaper fans like me:

Here's a little tip....for NICELY PAID corporate shows, and, better-yet....for TRADE SHOW and HOSPITALITY SUITE SHOWS.... it's worth your time looking into having newspaper "Front Pages" custom printed at your local printer just for that show with a headline that has something to do with that Company....IE: ABC COMPANY WINS NATIONAL AWARD, or something to that effect.

This one tip gets me high-dollar repeat bookings! The corporate "Big Guys" love seeing you "Pump" their brand this way, and to them......it's innovative marketing!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
And...oh....by the way....Gene Anderson has a new book out!~

(hint hint)
rupeshkthakur
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of rupeshkthakur
Thank you) for your thoughts! This is valuable for business.
This is just for one page of the newspaper.It will be better!)

___But Anderson's method is inferior to many modern techniques.As Slidiny method. This is a good trick but .....
I will love this book!)
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
What is Gene's new book, and where can you get it?

I do not think Anderson's method is inferior to modern techniques. I still prefer it.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Pop, it is only sold on his website to my knowledge.

Title: Gene Anderson The Book

http://geneanderson.com/thebook.html
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
As usual, I agree with Pop.

Gene Anderson's newspaper tear is the only one I use.....and it gets gasps from the audience.
Maxeroo
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Maxeroo
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2016, Pop Haydn wrote:
What is Gene's new book, and where can you get it?

I do not think Anderson's method is inferior to modern techniques. I still prefer it.

I have both versions of the No Tear method (Tony Stevens' No Tear presented by Mark Mason and the Ultimate No Tear from Magic Makers) and like them both. I have no qualms about using either one. With the proper patter they work really well. However . . .

having just watched Pop perform Gene Anderson's version, I ordered it. And if I can eventually do it 1/2 as well, I will be tickled to death.

Mr. Haydn, sir, you are what performing magic is all about.
ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
72 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
Thank you Rainboguy and Pop - this has been a great topic and appreciate soaking up everyone's ideas. I'm diving in to Anderson's version!
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Thanks to the mention in this thread... I recently ordered Gene Anderson's new book and it is beyond excellent. Highly recommended!

I think the Steinmeyer Tear from Conjuring Anthology is often overlooked... I really like it for it's simplicity.

I think my favorite is Ron Wilson's handling in the Uncanny Scot book. Extremely clever and extremely clean!
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I love Newsflash. I use the Tabloid version since it is very quick and easy to set up and you can easily find tabloid size newspapers for free.

Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
This new Tenyo version is great! I love it!

Magical Vintage Poster

https://youtu.be/AXSBAwq1IdI
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2014, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Any body have "U.F. Grant's FoolZum Newspaper Tear"? I have been looking for that one for some time.

I had this and it is no good. The concept of tearing just one page while keeping the rest intact is a good idea. The Osterlind version uses that principle with a much better routine. I also worked out a version that uses the Foolzum concept that is cleaner. But, I still prefer the Gene Anderson one. It gets the best response.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Angelo Please tell us more about this version, its strengths and weaknesses. I would like to do this with my poster.
It seems that this method is not new - but it looks amazing. Is there an inventor's name - this version? Thank you!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Can anyone give an overview of this trick? Thank you!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Hopefully Angelo can give a review. But he did say he loves it. I just ordered it last night. So I won’t have it until the next of the week.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Which Newspaper Tear Should I Perform? (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL