The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Karnival Dead Eyes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rcalligan
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of rcalligan
Just received my Dead Eyes deck, Unbelievable! Not for everyone, but the disturbing nature of the cards puts the specs on edge, enhancing the effects to a new level
astripp
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of astripp
What effects would you do with them?
rcalligan
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of rcalligan
It is a "regular" deck, although it does come with a couple of reveal cards. anything with a story is great. the deck is really not for a full set, I did a simple deck swith, told a story about the cards, cannibal cards with a story more fitting the deck, used the brain reveal, and was done.
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
Make a haunted deck with one and tell a story of how it was found at a crime scene,lol. I've always thought reveals were a bit hoakey (I have original karnival, ghost (white and black), shadow master, both arcane colors, and a few others. I've showed it once or twice, and have never felt the reaction was all that worth it. Would be better if they would include 2 standard jokers instead of reveals.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
This deck looks great....but... the writing on the side in a blackmail style font telling you the name of the card ruins the whole look.
It looks like a great aged deck, but this font is far too modernish (think Sex Pistols posters and any modern pseuedo-punk band aimed at despondent teenagers) and seems rather pointless.
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
162 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
Just received a deck of these..here's my 2 cents..They are very visual/visceral..I agree with Lord Freddie..the "punk font" ruins it..plus being predominately left handed makes it a bit awkward for me..The usual O**W** back design is present and actually had me fooled for a minute or two until I figured it out..so that is a plus in my book. The blank is a cool addition..I am used to getting double backs..the Ace of Hearts just screams for a Bleeding Heart effect.. but as far as using them as my 'regular deck', I won't..I am still bound to my Arcanes..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Karnival Dead Eyes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL