The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » What is the best trick or effect released this decade? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Is the TUC a trick or a tool? I feel that it is closer to a tool than a trick. It's capable of so much more than just one single application.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Good point actually Bill.

As for being capable of so many applications - jeez you aren't wrong there fella! It truly makes so many other coin gaffs completely redundant.

I've bought 2 currencies in TUC's - and together with the excellent download 'TUC Appreciation', I haven't put them down for weeks.
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have the TUC in Kennedy half and in Morgan dollar. I don't really do much with gaffed coins, but when I find a really good one, I like to have an example, and I like to play around with it. Ken Muller (Funsway) basically obsessed over that coin set for about a year or so!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Funsway made a book for magicians using the TUC and the number of handlings and effects in there is awesome (I had sent a few routines and Ken used only one).
The TUC is really an outstanding gaff and Mr Tango will never be thanked enough for this breakthrough in coin magic.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
PaulBanda
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of PaulBanda
Bill What Year was the ITR published in the Linking Ring?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I don't have that issue here now. I put all of my Linking Rings from before 2000 in storage and now use the Ask Alexander database. It was sometime in the 1950's or early 1960's. It did not look at all like any of the ITR's you see now.

Bear in mind that James George did invent the ITR that he sells and that has been knocked off by so many people. However, it wasn't the first one. It may have been the first one to be marketed commercially, though. And let me add that James was completely unaware that anyone had EVER made anything like this before.

Here's the thread where I mention the actual issue of the Linking Ring. BTW, I was off by six years. It was in a Canadian Parade, and was invented by William Ewington.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=133

You will need to read all the way through the thread to get the information.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
So much good stuff that become available, but one of my favorites is Deep Astonishment.

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Rampage
View Profile
New user
Florida
62 Posts

Profile of Rampage
An interesting thread. Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts and comments but I'm still not sure as to which trick is the best one released this decade. I can say that I do like Prohibition by Charlie Justice because I have and use it from time to time.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I also think extreme burn is one of the best tricks of the decade. and the tuc trick or tool has changed shell magic for ever.i still love doing magic with a shell. but there are so many applications that can be done better and cleaner with the tuc coin.
todd
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
As far as the trick I enjoy most doing? NUTTY SURPRISE
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
In my experience, VERY few effects are new....the "new" ones often tend to be "re-packaged", "re-marketed", or "improvements" either in material or technology to tricks or effects that have already been out there for a while.

In some cases, those "improvements" tend to be pretty darned spectacular.

A case in point is Pete Biro's and Joe Porper's AmazeRing. NOT a new trick, but rather, a SPECTACULAR improvement!

Having said that, I think that, in all due respect to all present and the tricks and effects that they market, Losander took an old, old trick to a whole NEW level when he made his version of The Floating Table widely available to magicians.

So, Losander's Floating Table gets my vote as The Trick of The Decade....and I don't even have one!

(But I sure WANT one!)
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Notion of Motion by Angelo Carbone
Step into the unknown
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » What is the best trick or effect released this decade? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL