The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Jumbo Shattered Last Chance Discount!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
What is the patter you are using for the Jumbo Shattered effect?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Like Jeff I used the Jumbo Shattered as part of my Renaissance Faire act. My patter was about the bad luck a noble lady had because she broke her mirror. I had obtained a shard of the mirror, which I displayed (after putting on gloves to protect my hands from the sharp edges of the glass – I played this part up – OK, OK, I hammed it up!)

By the way I displayed the shard showing all the cracks at first. I showed the cracks on both sides of the shard. Then I talked about “IF milady was smart, and IF she hadn’t fired her loyal and true magician, THEN he would have magic-ed her mirror back together again! Whereupon I repaired the shard! My tag line was “At least this humble magician will not have bad luck!” It was a short, sweet, and well received routine.

ReyRey, I also used Jumbo Shattered at a couple of Halloween gigs. I kind of borrowed from Mike Close and used the mirror shard to find vampires and trolls. We all know that vampires show no reflection but few know that trolls are so ugly that they break a mirror. Not only that, but the magic mirror shard shows the “inner Troll!”

Guess what, there were a lot of Trolls at the show! Again, I made a big show of putting on protective gloves so that I would not cut my hands (and thus attract some vampires). You can imagine the patter and the laughter as the inner Troll was found in some of the unlikeliest people!

For me, this is a much-used prop! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Chance has made us a winner here!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Jumbo Shattered Last Chance Discount!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL