The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » How does my website look? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My website is still being worked on. How do the finished pages look so far? http://www.detroitclown.com
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
Bigger photos less words.You can not make a clown website like a magicians site.This is a is a visual business what you look like is more important than what you say. Put a photo next to things you do face painting ,balloons , ect... Do not put your key words in the tex of you site you wrote to many types of parties you can hide that stuff in the sites Also the photo of the kids running after you looks fun. This is my friends clown website check it out I like the style a lot http://www.cidoclown.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like how colorful your site is. Do you know about SEO?
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Yes I do
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

I think they are great. It looks like you are having more fun as a clown than a magician.I love the penny idea I never thought of doing that.I am stealing it LOL
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 18:02, Bernie Balloons wrote:
I think they are great.

Why aren't you leaving a comment or "like" on YouTube?

Quote:
It looks like you are having more fun as a clown than a magician.

You are right. But there two disadvantages. One is the time it takes to put on the outfit. The other is prospects want to pay less to clowns.

Quote:
I love the penny idea I never thought of doing that.I am stealing it LOL

That's my one cent worth. LOL
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

I charge the same for a clown magic show or just a magician . If they want tricks I do not do that plenty of clowns do tricks I do magic you are in the same category.Getting in and out of the outfit stinks when you got only one show and it does take way longer no doubt. Also I signed up for an account just to leave a comment. Will you be going to the WCA convention in NYC.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Last week I received a call from a prospect. I gave her my clown price in three figures. She told me another clown priced her only $70 dollars to do face painting and balloons for an hour. Of course she picked the other clown.

Thanks for the kind comment on YouTube.

I might go to WCA. It all depends if I have any shows to do. I do not like turning away shows.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

At the convention their is going to be a clown trop from Japan I got to admit they are unreal. My alley is hosting it I am going to compete hope I can place .
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
But there two disadvantages. One is the time it takes to put on the outfit. The other is prospects want to pay less to clowns.

I found this to be very common, Mike. One of the primary reasons is that undercutting anything-for-a-buck and beginner clowns can get away with far less skill than a magician can. They truly believe that the make-up and costume makes them a clown worthy of that $70. I saw the most atrocious and unskilled husband-&-wife pair of clowns yesterday at a charity event I do each year. When I asked the organizer about them, her response was - they were free. My response, "They're not worth it." She agreed.

I retired my clown after 30 years - one of the hardest things I've ever done - because my magician character earned higher fees, was far less trouble to prep for shows and made approaching skittish children far easier. The magician was also far easier to sell to schools, libraries, churches and preschools than the clown.

Great clowns, like yourself and Bernie, can dominate your markets, but you're always going to have these annoying little no-talent budget lipstick clowns nipping at your heels.

Your website is colorful and fun, but I agree with Bernie - More photos, fewer words. Your videos are great, but, in my opinion, should be shorter. I don't believe that the average shopper is going to sit through a 5-10 minute video or read everything written on your site. Short bullet statements and short, fun & informative videos.

Did I ever mention that one of my best buddies, Ross "Rosco the Clown" Champion, works festivals and corporate gigs in your neck of the woods? He recently completed a major conservation PR event with a Canadian clown, CLaroL - Swimming in all five of the Great Lakes in 24 hours sponsored by Ford.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thank you very much for leaving me with so much information. I appreciate it.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

This is my new website I am working on it is 85% done any feed back would be great.

http://anythingstatenisland.com/funhouse/index.php
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Bernie, I just tried that link. It comes to nothing.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

I just took it down I will repost in a few weeks when it is 100 %
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Quote:
On 2010-12-11 20:01, Dynamike wrote:
Last week I received a call from a prospect. I gave her my clown price in three figures. She told me another clown priced her only $70 dollars to do face painting and balloons for an hour. Of course she picked the other clown.

Thanks for the kind comment on YouTube.

I might go to WCA. It all depends if I have any shows to do. I do not like turning away shows.

You should have said ... You get what you pay for. JGA charge through quality and not quantity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » How does my website look? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL