The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
I don't have manipulator cards and I thought about buying some. I know Lance Burton has some and Peter Marvey. I've only used bikes. Are manipulator cards easier to use? Is it going to be easier to produce fans? Or should I just buy Bee's or Steam Boats?
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I only use bikes. Always used bikes. It's whatever you want to use. Everyone has diferent tastes. I would say try them and see how you like them. There are thin and extra thin which I hear are easy to backpalm. My bikes are easy though... oh well, you decide.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
Thanks. I guess I'll have to try it then. I also use bikes. How long can you use them if you use them every day?
chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
I use cards that I am comfortable with. I use regulaer Bikes, Poker Size. I can handle them with ease and perform smoothly with them. I have never used trick manipulation cards but I find these do a good enough job. Smile
wikiro
View Profile
Elite user
NY
435 Posts

Profile of wikiro
I use Bees because they are hard to spot and I get them for like 2 for a dollar at the dollar store.
If you punch a wall so hard your knee hurts your goal has been accomplished.

Never Panic!

Wikiro Smile
VinceMagicMan
View Profile
New user
New York City
52 Posts

Profile of VinceMagicMan
Bikes are my main choice but I also like Bees, although I like the cards with a border more than without.
Vince MagicMan
(Nuff Said)
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
What about magic lotion. Will that do me any good? And how?
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Quote:
On 2003-07-17 07:45, Tor Egil wrote:
Thanks. I guess I'll have to try it then. I also use bikes. How long can you use them if you use them every day?

I use them EVERY day! They get all bent out of shape but now I have a homemade card press to straighten them out again. I usually get 2 decks every few months.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
Bikes all the way. I can do most of the manipulation without something showing so I don't need manipulation cards

I just love the dancing bananas
Smile Smile Smile
Attilio
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
136 Posts

Profile of Attilio
Jeff McBride discusses and demonstrates how he prepares his cards (he uses bees in his performances). Very useful information!!! You can find it on The Art of Card Manipulation volume 2.

- Attilio
Tor Egil
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
495 Posts

Profile of Tor Egil
I have it. Im thinking about buying vol 3. Is there more advanced stuff there?
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Volume 3 is advanced if you can't do the majority of the sleights in volume 2.
Attilio
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
136 Posts

Profile of Attilio
hi Tor,
I agree with the Scot. The stuff in volume 3 is advanced, but if you were able to learn the material in volumes 1 and 2, then you can also learn volume 3.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I use the murry manipulation cards and sometimes the Nielsen manipulation cards. You may want to treat them with fanning powder but I treat them with a fangrip stick insted. When it comes to lotion I think U.F. Grants manipulation lotion is great and realy helps when manipulating cards. You can get both faning powder and the murry cards from Jan Crosby's magic in Oslo but not the fan grip stick.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
KJfan
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of KJfan
Quote:
On 2003-07-17 11:01, VinceMagicMan wrote:
Bikes are my main choice but I also like Bees, although I like the cards with a border more than without.

Bikes?? Bikes aren´t good cards for manipulation. Smile

I've been using Lance Burton cards for 4 years.
The best. Some say that Lance deck is like Norm Nielsen, but when you use both, you see why Lance´s deck is a lot better.
They fan better and are better to backpalm than Norm's in my personal opinion.

Yet, I have founded that both decks need "fanning powder" otherwise they won´t fan as you want.

Regards
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
A manipulator must experiment with what is availble to them and then make a decision based on what they feel more comfortable with. One manipulator may like bees while another may only use bikes. It really becomes a preference type of thing.

I would reccomend getting different cards, prepping them and experimenting with them. Find out which fit your hands better, which have a better feel for you.
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Kyle is right (yet again Smile )

These are Duncan's cards which I referred to earlier on in this discussion...

http://www.manipulationcards.com/

You might like them,

Kevin
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I agree with Kyle. You have to experiment with what works well for you. I have purchased and used Bees, Steamboats, Norm Nielson, Peter Marvey, Julianna Chens, and Murphys. For Split fans I use Bees because I am pretty agressive in doing the splits. I have settled on Nielson's when doing single card productions although I practice with Bees and have used them in the past on stage. The Murphys are great for singles, but are more expensive. They are so thin you can b*** p*** the entire deck. I do like to use Bicycles that are not too broken in for perfect productions and scaling. Just my two cents.
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
You all have to admit, however, that some cards are just awful. I do amdire people who can backpalm bikes without showing the borders; true skill. However, the Julianna Chen cards have ALL WHITE BACKS! This is obviously hideous for backpalming unless, as Jeff McBride said, you are an albino in a snowstorm. The point I'm making is: all cards are not created equal. Try different ones, but make sure that they are practical.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Zombieboy- when I saw Juliana Chen's performance, she never did any backpalm productions... just the same production about 200 odd times.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Manipulation Cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL