The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
Quote:
On 2011-03-02 09:02, entermagic wrote:
Just a small observation. Try to hear carefully what David says at min: 1.14 : "I place the cards in front of you..." ???
So the effect is not hands off or I didn't understand well the english?

MP

Without a video demonstration is hard to say.

-Antonio
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
The book and the DVDs will be shipped on the third week of April Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Correction: it will be shipped at the beginning of May now...
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 06:41, doriancaudal wrote:
Correction: it will be shipped at the beginning of May now...

May sounds like Mai (italian language) = Never

so you have the correct sentence:

Correction: it will be shipped never now...

MP
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3986 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
"Ah...Calatrava, mai, mai!"

Sorry - I was reminded of the opera "La Forza del Destino"!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10636 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
It will be shipped but you will not find the breglas effect as he performs it
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 10:19, vinsmagic wrote:
vinny

Why do you say that?
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 10:35, brehaut wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 10:19, vinsmagic wrote:
vinny

Why do you say that?

Because vinsmagic is God in person, he knows everything Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10636 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Almost everything lol
however I heard through the grapevine there are some 60 oages devoted to the effect.. But he never actully explains the effect after reading 60 pages you should come up with your own method ,,if this true oh well
vinny
Come check out my magic.

drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
I think I can wait for A review of this. "remember fools rush in where angels fear to tread" or will it be "he who hesitates is lost". Only time will tell. Will it be 60 pages to describe what wont be explained or taught and left to you own devices to work out your own best method. Or will we have A real workable miracle?
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Quote:
Only time will tell. Will it be 60 pages to describe what wont be explained or taught and left to you own devices to work out your own best method.

That's were we are at now. Smile

The method I perform is good enough.(common knowledge).
However if, and I say if, it is revealed in his book I will be purchasing it.

I will need some reviews of course.Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
Same here.
Jonathan C
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Jonathan C
Out of interest, how many of you have read 'Mind and Magic of David Berglas'? And of those of you who have, would you not agree that he explained the effect in the 'berglas effect' chapter?

I finally managed to track a copy down last year (for a hefty price!) and personally found it one if the most inspirational magic books I've ever read. As for the 'berglas effect' itself I was quite satisfied it was explained as well as it could be given the level of mystery it's reached.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10636 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Then perform the effect your self,,,, you can't////
Come check out my magic.

sevenup
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
158 Posts

Profile of sevenup
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 07:56, Jonathan C wrote:
Out of interest, how many of you have read 'Mind and Magic of David Berglas'? And of those of you who have, would you not agree that he explained the effect in the 'berglas effect' chapter?

I finally managed to track a copy down last year (for a hefty price!) and personally found it one if the most inspirational magic books I've ever read. As for the 'berglas effect' itself I was quite satisfied it was explained as well as it could be given the level of mystery it's reached.

I just re-read that section in the book and Mr. Britland did not explain anything other than if he did reveal it, no other magician would be able to perform it since the method was somehow unique to David. He did suggest that using a stooge was not the method although anyone could achieve the same effect using one.

I also read the preceding think of a card plot that David does and knowing how he does it still seems impossible to me. I know I could not pull it off myself.
If Max Maven has a drivers license, why doesn't he drive?
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 00:26, drphil wrote:
I think I can wait for A review of this. "remember fools rush in where angels fear to tread" or will it be "he who hesitates is lost". Only time will tell. Will it be 60 pages to describe what wont be explained or taught and left to you own devices to work out your own best method. Or will we have A real workable miracle?

Regardles of how the Berglas Effect is described, I am quite confident that this book will be well worth its price. Its David Berglas.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10636 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Well I beg to differ I am willing to bet that most who purchase this book are only after The Holy Grail.. I am not saying it is not worth the price
vinny
Come check out my magic.

doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
It's not just after reading a book that someone will know how to do the Berglas effect like DB hlmself... Those who think that are completely wrong. Practice, practice, practice, practice...
Jonathan C
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Jonathan C
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 20:28, vinsmagic wrote:
Then perform the effect your self,,,, you can't////

Actually I can, however I probably don't have the same success rate or the 'James Bond' style that Berglas does.
Jonathan C
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Jonathan C
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 20:41, sevenup wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-22 07:56, Jonathan C wrote:

I just re-read that section in the book and Mr. Britland did not explain anything other than if he did reveal it, no other magician would be able to perform it since the method was somehow unique to David. He did suggest that using a stooge was not the method although anyone could achieve the same effect using one.

I also read the preceding think of a card plot that David does and knowing how he does it still seems impossible to me. I know I could not pull it off myself.

Although the explanation isn't as black and white as the other effects in the book, all the tools provided to turn a normal ACAAN (erdnase/tamariz methods) into 'The Berglas Effect'.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.4 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL