The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Look it's this simple expalin the effect and method there. \ that said now, its up to the performer to try and duplicate it .
I don't ne3ed 100 pages of of patter
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Coming out in May, 16th
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Many people seem to be setting their expectations low in advance of publication. Is that to preemptively mitigate disappointment should this not prove to be the Grail? Not me. I can't wait to read Mr. Berglas's book. It's going to burn our eyebrows off with dark secrets and simple truths arranged into constructs we've never considered.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I, too, look forward to this rich trove. Incidentally, if you're a Genii subscriber, go to this month's issue of iGenii and you can see a video clip of Mr. Berglas performing his Berglas Effect.
It's all in the reflexes.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
For those who are not subscribers, is it possible to see this video Illucifer?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
It's not. It's a video embedded in the digital version of the magazine, and appears at the end of Richard Kaufman's "Genii Speaks" video segment. I suspect it's one of the clips from the DVDs that will be included with Richard's book.
It's all in the reflexes.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-04-27 00:09, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Many people seem to be setting their expectations low in advance of publication. Is that to preemptively mitigate disappointment should this not prove to be the Grail? Not me. I can't wait to read Mr. Berglas's book. It's going to burn our eyebrows off with dark secrets and simple truths arranged into constructs we've never considered.

I agree with you Maxfields---My expectations are high!
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
The grail hunters are going to be disappointed.....that's my prediction. It's based on this opinion. It sounds like there are 60 pages dedicated to it or is it 100- I lose track. Either these pages will be too vague to recreate the effect, or more likely the 60 pages will go in to detail as promised and most normal people simply won't be able to do a trick that requires sixty pages to explain.

The acaan is only a small reason I am purchasing so I'm sure I'll be delighted. I still think the acaan plot is only best appreciated by people in the know and that there are far more entertaining and engaging plots. I therefore think it serves as a piece for the student of card magic to study, rather than the most entertaining trick one will ever do.

I know a few non magician friends who know who David berglas is and most of the remember him for the dancing table and stopping his pulse.

I should be clear, I am a huge admirer of David berglas, but equally feel there is far more gold in this book than what a lot of people are buying it for. I cannot wait.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Paul I agree with you and that is why my expectations are high. Berglas is a genius and I can't wait to devour everything in the book that is ACAAN or NON ACAAN related
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Message from M. Kaufman for those who have ordered deluxe edition (taken from geniiforum):

"It looks like, despite my best efforts to get the deluxe editions out at the same time, that the slipcases are going to take another month to make. So, if you ordered a deluxe edition I apologize (not that it's my fault), but your book will take another month. Any person who ordered a deluxe edition and wants a refund will be given one. I won't have any trouble selling your copies."
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
http://geniimagazine.com/2010/12/the-berglass-effects/

The book is expected to ship May 27, 2011.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Hi all, is there some review for this book???

I want to see if I was right saying that everyone will be disappointed Smile

MP
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
The review in Genii this month could not be more glowing
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Entermagic.

Why would people be disappointed? Please explain. I guess if you are looking for a one paragraph description of the working of the Berglas Effect, then you'd be in for a surprise, but it will be an education that will benefit many.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-05-28 07:10, Ben Harris wrote:
Entermagic.

Why would people be disappointed? Please explain. I guess if you are looking for a one paragraph description of the working of the Berglas Effect, then you'd be in for a surprise, but it will be an education that will benefit many.

Benny

No, because inside the book there is not what the people looking for... I bet that it is something like the first book M&M.
The people don't want another M&M, and for this reason everyone will be disappointed.

MP
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
There is another great review, but strikes a tone of reality check on what to expect, by Michael Close in the latest MUM.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-05-28 10:21, jonnyboy wrote:
There is another great review, but strikes a tone of reality check on what to expect, by Michael Close in the latest MUM.

What do you mean by that jonnyboy? Do you think our hopes are too high?
Dacodakid
View Profile
Regular user
Marina Del Rey, CA
133 Posts

Profile of Dacodakid
The " reality check" is that there's a sleight or a gimmick or a deck order or a counting scheme - just like all the other ACAANs out there.
And when was the last time you ordered a new cool trick, ripped the box open and wasn't a bit dissappointed?
( psst. There's no such thing as real magic)
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
Dorian- No, not that our hopes are too high, just that not everyone will be able to do what David Berglas does. While the book explains+ his methods, they don't necessarily involve sleights, or gimmicks or whatever. That sometimes you have to be doing one thing and thinking of two different other things at the same time. That for those who are expecting a walk out of the book ACAAN, this may not be the book for them. Michael Close was trying to review the book fairly, I think. Overpraising it, without putting in appropriate caveats, could cause the inexperienced to rush to buy the book and it would not satisfy their expectations. On the other hand, for someone who is willing to put in the time, who has the performance chops and talent, that this is a most wonderful book. I haven't read it, I'm only summarizing, and probably not very well at that. I'm very excited to receive it, as I expect to learn an enormous amount, whether I do the Berglas Effect or not.
John
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Don t judge a book by it's cover
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL