The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I really doubt there are many people at this point that think they can buy his book and run out and do the Berglas Effect. Yes, those people will be disappointed. The rest of will treasure every word he says.
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Sock Puppet Monkey
I for one think that it will be a fascinating read for any lover of good magic. Just ordered my copy.

SPM
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
This material was for sale at IMX. It was a book and 3 dvds for 125$ And they sold out fast. They presented a video of him performing it. It was perfectly clean. The method is 80 pages and as Berglas himself states, "This is done mostly by performance, not sleights." It is not a quick study and should be reserved for those willing to dedicate the time to it.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-05-29 17:18, lokikross wrote:
This material was for sale at IMX. It was a book and 3 dvds for 125$ And they sold out fast. They presented a video of him performing it. It was perfectly clean. The method is 80 pages and as Berglas himself states, "This is done mostly by performance, not sleights." It is not a quick study and should be reserved for those willing to dedicate the time to it.

Curious---did you purchase a copy lokikross?
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I did not. As I do not perform that type of magic, but I have associates who did.
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-03-23 10:56, vinsmagic wrote:
Look it's this simple expalin the effect and method there. \ that said now, its up to the performer to try and duplicate it .
I don't ne3ed 100 pages of of patter

Who needs 100 pages on the world's greatest card effect...me!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-03-23 10:56, vinsmagic wrote:
Look it's this simple expalin the effect and method there. \ that said now, its up to the performer to try and duplicate it .
I don't ne3ed 100 pages of of patter

Not sure how you know how many pages are needed when you don't know the secret behind the effect?
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Of course, it's not a 100 pages of "patter." It's DETAIL. The Berglas Effect is all about detail, improvisation, misdirection, and selling the effect. Berglas is JAZZ card magic at it's best. The Mind And Magic of David Berglas contains a broad overview which for many was enough to piece together the details. You just needed to read between the lines. However, as most could not, many of the "dots have been joined" in this latest publication. Still, most will NEVER be able to perform this. Put it this way. If you are comfortable and knowledgeable enough to "wing" an entire performance with a deck of cards, making it up as you go, then you'll be on your way. That's the kind of balls you'll need. Great stuff.

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Sock Puppet Monkey
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-05-30 22:49, Ben Harris wrote:
Of course, it's not a 100 pages of "patter." It's DETAIL. The Berglas Effect is all about detail, improvisation, misdirection, and selling the effect. Berglas is JAZZ card magic at it's best. The Mind And Magic of David Berglas contains a broad overview which for many was enough to piece together the details. You just needed to read between the lines. However, as most could not, many of the "dots have been joined" in this latest publication. Still, most will NEVER be able to perform this. Put it this way. If you are comfortable and knowledgeable enough to "wing" an entire performance with a deck of cards, making it up as you go, then you'll be on your way. That's the kind of balls you'll need. Great stuff.

Benny

Now I'm even more excited about receiving this!

SPM
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10634 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Benny I don't no what you are talking about. when you see the effect performed on a demo a card is named, then a no named next the card is at that no , what winging , balls and imporovisation are you talking about. it seems cut and dry to me. why would you need 100 pages to explain this ?/
I have my own effect that realy takes balls to pull of the un holy grail, which is impromptu and never fails and I can expalin this in one page.
now it is not the grail but it works; I hope this answers the questions that was asked in previous posts .
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Hi Vin.

Well, obviously both David and Richard thought that the DETAILS required were worth the pages. David's method is not something that can be described in one page. It's like building a house. You could describe that as "lay a foundation, build four walls and top it with a roof." Such a description tells you how a house is constructed, but you'd need a heck of lot more detail to actually do it.

Cheers and happy thoughts...

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Spackle666
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Spackle666
Has anyone gotten their copy yet? I ordered mine three weeks ago. Still waiting...
"it's bad luck to be superstitious."
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Be patient! Yes, some have received it indeed.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10634 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thanks ben
\ vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2011-06-01 04:07, Spackle666 wrote:
Has anyone gotten their copy yet? I ordered mine three weeks ago. Still waiting...

I ordered start of March, 3 weeks is nothing lol Smile

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
I ordered in January, 6th Smile
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I've not got mine yet either but I did chuckle at the genii review. I'm sure the book will be incredible and the review is spot on. But it was never going to be the most impartial bit of writing given it's author and the magazine it appeared in.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-02 04:01, Louis Cipher wrote:
Everyone look for the Berglas Effect and many consider it like the perfect ACAAN.

I want just to clarify that if you consider this effet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdXIVQ-asqU

or this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yquvd8dnOwA

like The Berglas Effect you make a mistake.

And also if you consider this effect like The Berglas Effect...

http://soundcloud.com/dodococo/berglas-acaan

This last one is just a statistical method with minimal handling
(This is just the best case and it is not the Berglas Effect )

The core of the Berglas Effect is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ZksO8kC5E&feature=related
a sequence of effects where one of these will be The Berglas Effect (he builds this impossible effect in his performance)
and for this reason it will be very hard to perform if you are not David Berglas.

The original Berglas Effect is something like the Trick Cannot Be Explained.

(_Louis Cipher_)

Can someone confirms (just who has already the book) that this guy is wrong ?

MP
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Why don't you buy the book, MP? Then you'll have the answers you need and you'll have rewarded David Berglas for the PLOT that so consumes your waking hours. That would be the honorable thing to do, yes?

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-06-02 03:18, Ben Harris wrote:
Why don't you buy the book, MP? Then you'll have the answers you need and you'll have rewarded David Berglas for the PLOT that so consumes your waking hours. That would be the honorable thing to do, yes?

Benny

Before to buy everything I look for the feedbacks. Before to buy something I try to see if it is for me.
180$ for me is very huge sum to buy it just to see if it is for me or not.

Just my opinion.

I look for this effect http://soundcloud.com/dodococo/berglas-acaan if Louis is right then
I know (without to know his secret) that this effect is not for me.

MP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL