The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 18:55, edh wrote:
I believe this is similar to the Trick that Cannot Be Explained.

Different methods for different outcomes.

You can calculate how many outs or effects you need in order to make any card appears in any position without you touch ever the deck asking just for
a card and a number directly and without pre-show or stooges etc..
You can reduce the number of possibles outs if you just use some psychological technique.
I tried to find all possibles ways to have this effect hands off and as clean as possible, but I have always some outs where I need to touch the deck.
From my analysis these are my conclusions: The Berglas Effect (ACAAN hands off as clean as possible) doesn't appear always, but it has an high probability to appear and when this effect doesn't appear you have a good ACAAN where you touch the deck and in this last case you can use some psychological technique
in order to make the spectator to remember that you never touched the deck. Without to explain anything about the methods this is for me The Berglas Effect.

MP
Joe Fitch
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Joe Fitch
I'm pretty sure that I will get this. even though its £100 and even if it doesn't have the berglas effect, david berglas is a genius and so I believe that the set will be worth it anyway. Smile
ps. anyone know if it will be a limited run?
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2011-02-08 17:17, Joe Fitch wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I will get this. even though its £100 and even if it doesn't have the berglas effect, david berglas is a genius and so I believe that the set will be worth it anyway. Smile

Mr Kaufman said :

There will also be a pair of 3D glasses included for something in the book (as well as for viewing the 3D portions of the Genii issue).

I am going to try and keep the price to $100 for the book and 3 DVD set. I think it's a very good price. You'll have to purchase the book directly from me (which is how I can keep the price that low). If I wholesale the book, the retail price would have to be $200. I don't see much point in that. I'll probably ask for an additional charge for Priority Mail, so all books can be shipped safely in a sturdy box and received within a few days. Hopefully this will prevent banged corners and lost books.

There will be a deluxe edition (I'm hoping in leather and in a slipcase) limited to 100 copies, signed by David, and which will include some pieces of memorabilia from his life in show business. No price yet.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
The limited deluxe edition is already sold out
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-02-08 17:17, Joe Fitch wrote:

It has the Berglas effect described inside, look at the content of the book (previously posted)!
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I've ordered this already and intend to read it thoroughly. I don't have any huge aspirations to perform ACAAN, but I am sure understanding the methodolgy will be of huge value to other areas of card magic....not to mention the other gold in it.

The very fact that almost everyone is commenting on the Berglas effect as a reason to buy and Richard Kaufman saying that not everyone will be able to do it without tons of practice, suggests that loads of people will be selling this soon after purchase and discovery of the hallowed secret. Seems crazy to me so hopefully I am wrong. Personally, I'd buy this without the Bergals effect and cannot wait.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2011-02-09 12:22, Paul S Wingham wrote:
I've ordered this already and intend to read it thoroughly. I don't have any huge aspirations to perform ACAAN, but I am sure understanding the methodolgy will be of huge value to other areas of card magic....not to mention the other gold in it.

The very fact that almost everyone is commenting on the Berglas effect as a reason to buy and Richard Kaufman saying that not everyone will be able to do it without tons of practice, suggests that loads of people will be selling this soon after purchase and discovery of the hallowed secret. Seems crazy to me so hopefully I am wrong. Personally, I'd buy this without the Bergals effect and cannot wait.

I have preordered. Even if I could buy it for $20 or $30 less from someone else, I would rather buy a new copy so that Mr. Berglass is adequately compensated given his lifetime of work.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Brehaut: completely agree with you. My copy won't be going anywhere. All I'm saying is to buy a book for £100 chasing one trick (which I beleive some are) can only lead to disappointment for some but of course not all.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I may be missing something here, but wasn't the Berglas Effect in his previous book, The mind and magic of david berglas???
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-02-09 18:56, matt.magicman wrote:
I may be missing something here, but wasn't the Berglas Effect in his previous book, The mind and magic of david berglas???

No, definitely no... It was a very clever (but vague) description on how you could manage with this effect, but you had to touch the cards etc... Have you read MMDB before Matt?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of JCheng
I think many people will be disapointed with the secret of the Berglas effect.

I'm pretty sure that you have to touch the deck when you do the Berglas effect, because Berglas said in the EMC's interview, that it gives you the ILLUSION that the performer never touches the deck. Because thinking of the conditions, it is impossible to accomplish this effect without touching the deck or stooges.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I honestly believe that magicians/mentalists who have studied ACAAN know already at least two ways to perform the Berglas Effect. I believe this book will serve to confirm what some already know. It will however be a great book to have because of the man whom it is written about.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Good or bad book, my order is in ...
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
530 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Peo, I love reading your post. I don't think there has ever been a magic book you did not like or did not look forward to Smile
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of drphil
To have a consistent a.c.a.a.n. you must have a method. I don't believe Berglas would take the chance or the humiliation of failing by depending on luck. If you look at the titles of some of the chapters of the book it reads like the methods of a.c.a.a.n to me. Take the chapter on invisible control and he didn't touch the deck. this is what is needed to preform a.c.a.a.n., and if the audience thinks you haven't touched the deck and you have the ability to invisibly control cards this would allow you to preform the berglas effect. If this book is the real deal then other magicians will be able to use his time tested methods to duplicate his effect. This makes the book A must have if you are interested in the a.c.a.a.n. plot.
mtc
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of mtc
You can preorder "The Berglas effect" at the following link:

http://geniimagazine.com/kaufman/store/html/79.html

If it is half as good as "The mind and magic of Berglas" was, this one will be a definite winner! And I'm sure it will be at least so good as the first book was.

Just take a look at the contents:

Foreword (Juan Tamariz)
Preface
Introduction
Invisible Control
The Magic in David Berglas’s Card Magic
A Closed System
David Berglas Talks About Personality and Presentation
Beware the Obvious
He Never Touched the Deck
Searching for Perfection
Zen in a Pack of Cards
Think a Card
Any Card at Any Number
Small Tools and Party Tricks
Magician’s Choice
Mind Mapping for Magicians
The Set-Up Deck
Jazzing Around with a Set-Up Deck
The Berglas Effect
The Act: The Berglas Effects
Last Word

I already put my order in and can't wait until the 1st of april!!!

Best,
mtc
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10637 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
If I had something that good I would not be selling it
period.;.. I taslking about the Holy grail
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-02-23 13:40, vinsmagic wrote:
If I had something that good I would not be selling it
period.;.. I taslking about the Holy grail

Don't worry, in the book I think there won't be a real explanation of the Berglas effect... We all have our method to do a clear ACAAN, so where is the need of knowing Berglas's method? It will remain a legend Smile
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Just a question:

What happens if inside the book there is not an effect explained, but many techniques to build The Berglas Effect?
Just another M & M with more techniques???

For me is ridiculous, that if you read this book, you are not able to perform it, because you are not David Berglas... LOL
I call this "BIG SPECULATION"!!!

Everyone look just for this effect and not many effects: http://soundcloud.com/dodococo/berglas-acaan

If someone is disappointed Richard will refund everyone???

Good Luck with the legendary Speculation ever!

Just my thoughts.

MP
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of Markymark
My thoughts are there is more to the book then an any card at any number.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL