The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Entermagic: are people really buying this book for a single effect?. That's not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely interested. I'm not personally buying for this reason and acaan is a plot that has never particularly interested me. I know I'll get flamed for this, but it always seems like something that you need to understand to at least some degree to fully appreciate. I.e a magician would appreciate it more than a laymen. I don't do it though so only an opinion as an observer of the effect.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
In my opinion there 90% of the buyers look for The Holy Grail of ACAAN aka The Berglas Effect for many people.

Reading on geniimagazine about this book, looks like a big advertisement for an empty box.

Just my opinion.

MP
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1355 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
That's quite interesting. I certainly hope those people get what they are after as it's not a cheap book. I've can't think of any books written by Richard Kaufman that I've been disappointed by so fingers crossed.
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of jtb
The Mind and Magic of David Berglas is one of the really great books on magic that I have read. His creativity and structuring of illusions is superb.

If this new book contains the same level of creativity then it will be well worth the price. I learned a great deal from this first book.

John B.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-02-24 16:19, entermagic wrote:
In my opinion there 90% of the buyers look for The Holy Grail of ACAAN aka The Berglas Effect for many people.

Reading on geniimagazine about this book, looks like a big advertisement for an empty box.

Just my opinion.

MP

Did you order it entermagic? I have ordered it, because I am sure I will learn a lot of good things. Obviously there will be very good material inside this book, which always good to know if you want your magic to be at the highest level. But concerning the Berglas effect, I think it is different as the ACAAN, and that as we are NOT David Berglas, it will be very difficult to perform it properly, just as DB used to perform it for his audience. It it HIS effect, HIS handling, HIS mind (and HIS balls Smile ) so we should not copy him, but rather try to find our own solutions... instead of the desire, the curiosity for a "reveal" of "how he does that". Despite that, I think it will be really interesting to read his solution, just for our magical culture.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Quote:
Did you order it entermagic? I have ordered it, because I am sure I will learn a lot of good things. Obviously there will be very good material inside this book, which always good to know if you want your magic to be at the highest level. But concerning the Berglas effect, I think it is different as the ACAAN, and that as we are NOT David Berglas, it will be very difficult to perform it properly, just as DB used to perform it for his audience. It it HIS effect, HIS handling, HIS mind (and HIS balls Smile ) so we should not copy him, but rather try to find our own solutions... instead of the desire, the curiosity for a "reveal" of "how he does that". Despite that, I think it will be really interesting to read his solution, just for our magical culture.

I am sure that I will find it on ebay, because many people will be disappointed and anyway I don't want it also if someone
sends it me for free.

Just I want to warn you about this big speculation.

MP
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
921 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Its from David Berglass.. 60years for 100$.. seems ok to me..
Lifetime expirience for 100$!!! 1,6$ for each of his years..
Expect to learn something and nobody will be dissapointed.
There are still so many great CAAN around. Also where you do not
need to touch the deck. Even a CAAN can be programmed as a ACAAN
in a spectators mind. Beside the mechanical marvels there are so many
great approaches out there where the cardbox can remain untouched
the whole time. Hilfords approach kills totaly. McLeods approach fools even
people who are in the know about the technique.
I guess this book represents the grandfather of ACAAN for me and I can't
wait to meet him. Does'nt matter if the complete berglass effect is described here.
It's about passion not just secrets!

All Best,
Martin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
A copy of the ORIGINAL Berglas book is for sale under books in the Let's Make A Deal section of the Café.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Guys please note that only ONE BOOK was published to date and out of print now .Usually sold like up to $1000 us.

Mind & Magic of David Berglas

As carefully recounted and explained by David Britland, here are David Berglas’ techniques for his amazing phenomena, including his commercial Magic Square Routine, Newspaper Prediction, Blindfold Routine, ESPacology, chair Balance Routine, and many, many others. Here are the remarkable Berglas effects, almost all explained here for the first time, including The Vanishing Piano in a ballroom, the Picture Post Challenge, the Box Over Regent Street, The Ten shilling Note. Here are the routines from his popular one-man show, Man, Myth & Magic. Here the explanation of his publicity-generating television appearances and even his unique approaches to impromptu magic. Here is his method for Think of a Card and the secrets of the famous, whispered-about deception which has become the “holy grail” of card workers, The Berglas Effect: Any Card at Any Number.

Written by David Britland, with introductions by Uri Geller and Paul Daniels.

LINK:

http://philipschwartz.typepad.com/magicm......las.html

___________________________________________________________________________________________

The NEXT book is not PRINTED OUT YET.

It will be out ONLY on APRIL 1 2011 and sold $125 Postpaid in the U.S. • $155 Postpaid Worldwide and will include 3 dvds and 3D glasses.

TITLE : The Berglas Effects

The big hardcover book that reveals the innermost secrets of the card miracles performed by the legendary David Berglas for 60 years, written by magic’s most experienced author, Richard Kaufman. Almost 400 pages • Oversized, Hardcover • Dustjacket, Inserts, and 3D Glasses •

Includes 3 DVDs. Over 60 Pages Devoted to “The Berglas Effect” and “Any Card at Any Number”

ORDER HERE:

http://kaufman.geniimagazine.com/
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10634 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
WHY NOT JUST SELL THE HOLY GRAIL THIS IS WHAT MAGICIANS ARE LOOKING FOR.
most magicians are just looking for the holy grail if it really exists.????/
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Yes Vinny !

But you know the rules.

If you see the Holy Grail with your own eyes....you must die !!!!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On 2011-02-26 09:18, vinsmagic wrote:
WHY NOT JUST SELL THE HOLY GRAIL THIS IS WHAT MAGICIANS ARE LOOKING FOR.
most magicians are just looking for the holy grail if it really exists.????/
vinny

Of course it does NOT really exist! It is a illusion, as everything in our art...
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Just ordered.. amazing man, and much respect.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
mtc
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of mtc
Quote:

I don't think so!

There are a few threads, Kaufmanns own on genii included, that say that it will be more then hard to do the Berglas effect, still if you read the book. So everyone just interested in the holy grail will fail totally! You have to take time to get as much out of it as possible!

I will buy the book because of many other reasons!

Best,
mtc
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
921 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Have a look at hocus pocus if you are interested in buying his first published book for around 650$
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Yep, it involves more than a zip-locked bag and 2 minutes of your attention. My goodness, "effort" may be required!

LOL

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Ordered my copy!

MJ
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
I wonder if the real Berglas effect (from the book description) will be like this one or even better? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HucCvySRmpc

I think it involves more more things that we cannot imagine if we are not in the mind of DB!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
The french magician Boris Wild will release very soon a very powerful ACAAN (book available from CC Editions).
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2099 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Nope, it's nothing like that. See The Mind And Magic of David Berglas for an outline of how the effect is achieved.
The NEW Berglas book "joins the dots".

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Berglas Book--When is it coming out? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL