The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jimmy Fingers Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Jimmy Fingers just performed his VERY FIRST LECTURE for the Dallas Magic Club on Sunday and it had to be one of the best lectures I have EVER attended.

I first met Jimmy about 3 years ago when we both performed on a show together here in Dallas. I was very impressed by his creativity and fresh performing style. Of course his Magellan Levitation left me and pretty much everyone scratching our heads.

Then, earlier this year, I had the pleasure of seeing him perform in Jeff McBride's Mystery Lounge at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas and I must say it was THE BEST SHOW that I saw while I was there. The cool part was watching the audience (filled with guys like Max Maven, Jeff McBride, Eugene Burger, John Lovick, Joshua Jay, Bizzaro, just to name a few) watch the show and being fried hard by the material presented. All I could say was "WOW"!

If you're interested in what Jimmy has to offer in his lecture, than read on...

Jimmy will start his lecture with a short show and then explain:

* Ties used for Streamer Dreamer and no-reel, no gimmick silk through mic stand.

* Napkindle handling.

* Explanation of Free Will of Order finesses.

* How to make pedestals for Slamdown.

* Electrostatic Cane how-to.

* ACAANR how-to and where to find the effect that inspired it.

* Detailed how-to on Inconceivable, and how it was inspired by a Luke Jermay effect that HE can't even perform consistently.

* And a feature rundown on the Magellan Master Levitation.

Other aspects of the lecture are topics on:

* Creativity, and how to leave yourself open to it.

* Why preshow is not necessary, and the implications of it's use in magic.

* Artistic constraints of magic that will make your act better and more unique.

* How to know if your act is unique.

* Bulldogging your next creation.

* How to avoid politics in magic.

* ABC's of creating an opening effect of your act, as seen in itricks.com.

* Why Amateur Magicians Handbook is so important to the creative process.

* How televised magic has brought the art full circle back to your live shows being even more important.

* Magic crutches, and what you can do to let go of them and learn to
fly!

* Also, your personality, and how it affects your ability to
perform effects.

* Spirituality and convictions applied to your magic.

The lecture was very well structured and featured powerful material for both magicians and mentalists alike. Jimmy is awesome and stayed around several hours after to talk to many who had further questions even tho' he had a 4+ hour drive back to Houston.

Jimmy Fingers is definitely the BEST KEPT SECRET in magic today. To book him for a lecture, contact him at jimmy@jimmyfingers.com.

You'll be GLAD you did...

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Jimmy Fingers Lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL