The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Hand Mucking Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Highpockets
View Profile
New user
Vancouver Island
15 Posts

Profile of Mr Highpockets
I recently ordered George Joseph's book Hand Mucking. I am new to this type of work and was wondering if any of the vets here took the time to learn these techniques with both hands. I regularly practice top palms and cops with both hands and try to be as ambidextrous as possible with new techniques hoping it will pay off in the long run. Does this approach make any sense when it comes to mucking?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with a newbie.
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
774 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
I think it makes more sense when it comes to mucking than with many other techniques.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I don't think it will payoff much more than learning the proper timing and rythym... I know Fernando Keopps deal left or right an he does seconds with both hands, but the only people impressed are magicians...
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 02:02, Robert Knezacek wrote:
will pay off in the long run. Does this approach make any sense when it comes to mucking?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with a newbie.

Whats the "long run"? Are you trying to enter a poker game or is this magician purposes.
Mr Highpockets
View Profile
New user
Vancouver Island
15 Posts

Profile of Mr Highpockets
My interest in this is really just for magic and entertainment purposes.
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
I don't think the extra practice would be necessary for a lay audience. If you want to do some cool switches you should try the Mcmillan Turnover Switch. Its pretty cool.
Jonathan O
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jonathan O
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 10:34, blackeagle wrote:
I don't think the extra practice would be necessary for a lay audience. If you want to do some cool switches you should try the Mcmillan Turnover Switch. Its pretty cool.


Is the Macmillan Switch hard? As far as I know, it uses a version of the Gamblers Palm.

Jonathan
blackeagle
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of blackeagle
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 11:16, Jonathan O wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 10:34, blackeagle wrote:
I don't think the extra practice would be necessary for a lay audience. If you want to do some cool switches you should try the Mcmillan Turnover Switch. Its pretty cool.


Is the Macmillan Switch hard? As far as I know, it uses a version of the Gamblers Palm.

Jonathan

What is hard? Hard is a relative term. What is hard to one may be easy to others. The Mcmillan Turnover Switch has only use in magic. If you actually trying to secretly switch cards then I would go with something else.
Jonathan O
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jonathan O
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 14:25, blackeagle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 11:16, Jonathan O wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 10:34, blackeagle wrote:
I don't think the extra practice would be necessary for a lay audience. If you want to do some cool switches you should try the Mcmillan Turnover Switch. Its pretty cool.


Is the Macmillan Switch hard? As far as I know, it uses a version of the Gamblers Palm.

Jonathan

What is hard? Hard is a relative term. What is hard to one may be easy to others. The Mcmillan Turnover Switch has only use in magic. If you actually trying to secretly switch cards then I would go with something else.


I agree.
I was more thinking of a general opinion on how "hard" it is. I've heard that it's something that takes a lot of practice to get down good, but that doesn't necessary make it "hard" to do, of course. There's of course a difference between just doing something, than doing something decent.

Anyway, forget my question. It wasn't really relevant to the topic, anyway.

Jonathan
steve ehlers
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson AZ
286 Posts

Profile of steve ehlers
The Tony Giorgio DVD on hand mucking is really good.

Steve
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
The Giorgio DVD's are the equivalent of a Masters Degree on the topic.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2010-11-22 11:46, steve ehlers wrote:
The Tony Giorgio DVD on hand mucking is really good.

Steve

I agree, Tony's dvd's are more detailed than other dvd's on the subject. Not that there's a huge list of material on the subject. Hey Steve, any chance you can give some tips on your Zarrow?

Quote:
On 2010-11-22 18:32, iamslow wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-22 11:46, steve ehlers wrote:
The Tony Giorgio DVD on hand mucking is really good.

Steve

I agree, Tony's dvd's are more detailed than other dvd's on the subject. Not that theres a huge list of material on the subject. Hey Steve, any chance you can give some tips on your Zarrow?

Sorry, My Bad, I meant your shift. I was tired when I posted that.

j
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Hand Mucking Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL