The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "The blacks" nelson enterprises (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Is anyone familiar with "The Blacks" published by Nelson Enterprises? It doesn't seem to have been written by Robert Nelson, but was sold through his catalog (#565). It looks great and I thought I'd see if anyone had a copy anywhere, but I didn't find any references to it at all.

Thanks
Courtney
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I think I might have this.I'll try to look a bit later today.
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
What makes you think it wasn't written by Bob Nelson?
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 17:07, David Alexander wrote:
What makes you think it wasn't written by Bob Nelson?

Well, it could have been. It doesn't say in the catalog who it is by so I originally assumed it was by Nelson, but I looked at the bibliography section of "The secret domain of Dr. RaMayne" and it wasn't listed.

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
I emailed Diego Domingo, one of the experts on Nelson. He could not tell me definitively that Nelson wrote it. It is my strong suspicion that he did and that the back story is simply that - a story.

It's the sort of thing Bob Nelson would have done.
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Makes sense. Still, it is a good story. Same goes for the whole catalog, it's 62 years old and each time I read it I want to go out and buy everything.

If anyone knows of a copy available let me know; if I can afford it I wold be interested.

Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
I do have a copy. I know I got it off EBay a few years back but can't remember the seller.
He had put two small post-it notes on it. One said "thought you might like to have this Nelson item.It used to belong to Walter Gibson",and the other note said "this is autographed!"(but its not,maybe he meant to attach that post it to whatever else I purchased at the time.)
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
237 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
I'm looking for a copy of "The Blacks" from Nelson Enterprises to complete my library. If you have one for sale, or know where I can obtain one (preferably with the envelope), I'd be much obliged.

Thanks.

P.S. I currently have an active post in the Books area of the Marketplace, but so far, no responses.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
237 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
Still looking. If you have a copy for sale or trade, please contact me. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "The blacks" nelson enterprises (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL