The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Two Dollar Bills Available (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just opened an account at Chase Bank, my old bank PNC always gave me excuses for not being able to provide NEW Bills.

So I was able to get brand new $1, $2, and $5 dollar bills. It is probably because it is nearing Xmax time. So if you are needing new bill now is the time for easy access.

I am using them for Poloraid Money effect by Johnson Products. The nice thing is by using $2 bills you don't have to tie up Tens and Twenties and don't have to worry about getting muged. Plus you have the interest being made of the $2 bills.

Maybe those desiring to do Mike Ammars $2 to 2 $1 bills will be revived by some of you money magic enthusiast.

Oh, and they only cost their face value, so a dollar will cost you a dollar. No service fee, how about that, I was surprised. Smile
T_C_Magic
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of T_C_Magic
Yes that is great advice. Apparently not all PNC banks are the same. The one I go to here in Cincinnati got me new 1, 2 and 5 dollar bills. They asked me how many I needed and ordered them for me. It helps if you go inside a lot so the teller’s get to know you. I needed new bills for Extreme Burn 2.0
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I only go inside the PNC bank, use the same tellers, and they tell me, "I have to order them from the vault." What does that mean, I don't care where you get them, just get them is my thoughts. I guess he means he will have to add more currency to his drawer and when he closes for the day, it will be additional work for him. Guess what, to bad, that is the banking business.

At Chase I asked the teller and the vault clerk, overheard me, she at once got the stacks of bills and signed them out to her drawer, even though I only wanted a few of each. Now that is service for the customer.
mbwambwa
View Profile
New user
I've never posted anything, so how come I have
61 Posts

Profile of mbwambwa
Here is South Jersey, PNC has been a great source for the $2 bills. They too have to go to the vault to get them, but they've never made a big deal about it.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Thanks Bill, I'll get 'em now.

- Mary Mowder
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 21:36, mbwambwa wrote:
They too have to go to the vault to get them, but they've never made a big deal about it.

Yep, I bet you're probably not being a jerk about it.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Bill is always polite to me, I doubt he was being a jerk either. You never know about a banks policy or work load or the clerk's mood.

- Mary
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-12-14 14:57, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-02 21:36, mbwambwa wrote:
They too have to go to the vault to get them, but they've never made a big deal about it.

Yep, I bet you're probably not being a jerk about it.

No who is the Jerk! Merry Christmas one and all!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Good to see someone doing the Polaroid bill effect. I came up with a great story to go with it 30 years ago, but haven't done it in a long time.
I have had a lot of success getting two dollar bills at Chase. Need to remake the "bills" for the Polaroid effect and give it another try. I still have my original set, but time hasn't been kind to them. This has always been one of my wife's favorite routines (along wiht vacuum cleaner cards by Paul Harris).
Sammy J. Teague
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I learned several years ago that crisp new two dollar bills can be ordered just about from any bank. You'll need to order a bundle of one hundred of them, which will either last a lifetime for your effects, or you can spend them anyplace and get some funny reactions to them. It may take a few weeks to get them, but just speak to your friendly local banker. I've been using the two ones to a two and back to the ones again, mentioned by Bill, and have several of them made up at any given time. They also make nice magical gifts to magician friends, etc. Best, Bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of afknight
I went to Bank of America today and asked if they had any $2 bills and the teller was emphatic in replying yes and asked how many did I want. She seemed relieved to be finally getting rid of some (I only took 20 of them but she had plenty!), as if they were crowding her till.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-01-06 11:57, Bob1Dog wrote:
I learned several years ago that crisp new two dollar bills can be ordered just about from any bank. You'll need to order a bundle of one hundred of them, which will either last a lifetime for your effects, or you can spend them anyplace and get some funny reactions to them. It may take a few weeks to get them, but just speak to your friendly local banker. I've been using the two ones to a two and back to the ones again, mentioned by Bill, and have several of them made up at any given time. They also make nice magical gifts to magician friends, etc. Best, Bob

Excellent advice, thanks.
huangja
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of huangja
I went to a PNC Bank in Philadelphia 2 days ago and asked for new $2 bills. They said they don't have the but sent me to another branh few blocks away. I went there and they asked how much do I want. I said $100 (50 bills). Could have gotten more.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I walked in to my local bank and just asked the teller. No problem. She had plenty in her till.

Mark.
spetz
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of spetz
Here one guy who have a lot of fun with the 2 dollar bills http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ1TIYxm1vM
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
Ha! The Woz is awesome! And really, an incredibly clever practical joke. He thinks a lot like a magician, methinks.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Now that I've added Sam Sandler's "Illusion of Fusion" to my Wizard's Wallet routine (from The Wizards' Journal #20 on my site) I had to test the waters of getting two dollar bills. I can't get out to the bank myself, so I had to send Qua-Fiki to our local Wells Fargo bank. They gave him a bit of a hassle, asking what he wanted them for (if he had one on him, he could have bugged their eyes out showing them!), but he just did the "broken record routine" with his innocent look frozen on his face until they finally gave him what he asked for.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Two Dollar Bills Available (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL