The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » ICBM/NEGM 11th. - 13th. November (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
703 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
ICBM Gathering afterthoughts.

I have now returned home following the 19th. ICBM/NEGM Gathering. My body clock is now re-adjusted and I am beginning to assimilate the experiences of the last weekend. It was my fifth such attendance and I think it was probably the best of the five.

Well Max Maven and Eugene Burger were there, as was Charles Pecor, Jim Magus, E. Raymond Carlyle, Ed Solomon and Bob Neale! So how could it fail?!

Personal performance highlights for me were Eugene's Spirit Slates – all four sides miraculously receiving messages! Max's continually forcing from a borrowed deck, the Three of Spades on to an increasingly bemused spectator! Charles Pecor's classy, laconic and very amusing observational wit (he should write a book on the subject! Given the Connecticut location, Mark Twain would have been envious!) and Henry Holova's 'Deal or no Deal' presentation with envelopes and banknotes – the performer getting all the high value notes and the spectator finishing up with his own one-dollar bill!

It was also great to see Ed Solomon back on form and in better health. Craig Dickson continues to be a true friend and Professor Rem amazes with his incredible dollar bill origami!

It was a delight to meet Ray Carlyle for the first time. We have corresponded on the internet but this was the first face to face meeting. At the Saturday evening Dinner, I had the pleasure of sitting alongside Jim Magus and Bob Neale and so lively and informative conversation was guaranteed!

The newly-wedded EvilDan and Colleen exuded happiness and Mary Tomich sold everything she brought – again! (Watch out for news of the newly created 'Ancient and Mysterious Order of the Dung Beetle') – more to follow!

And of course the continuing friendship of Dave Mousch and Gil Earl; Dave and Gil, apart from their participation performing in their alter-egos Dr. Mambo and Jumbo Ju-Ju (sadly missing from this year's line-up) are part of Joe Cabral's back-up helpers. Gil in particular puts himself out to look after me! We hit it off in the first year that I attended (2006) and last year, he took me to Bridgeport to visit the Barnum Museum. This year, it was the Mark Twain House in Hartford that took our interest. That visit was supplemented by a trip to 'Wild Bill's' Warehouse, a repository full of weird and wonderful objects!

I must also add a personal thank you to Henry Holova and his lovely wife Rosa for the hospitality shown to me following the gathering. I was engaged to present my lecture at the local Waterbury Magic Club (not sure if that's the correct title – but they know who they are!) on Monday 15th. - should have been the Tuesday, but that's another story! And Henry invited me into his home for two nights before taking me to the airport on Tuesday for my flight home.

The friendship and hospitality shown to me by everyone during the whole of my time (every time!) in the U.S. is an experience that makes me count the days until the next gathering – God willing, I'll be there in 2011!

To Joe Cabral I say, “Thanks Joe, you've done it again. You're a genius!”

Leslie.
Stories....?....That's telling!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » ICBM/NEGM 11th. - 13th. November (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL