The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Astro Ball Cabinet (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
I found this Astro Ball version on an auction for just US 14.-!!!...is a colorful and unusual version with a wall between the glass and the ball...in my opinion this enhances the effect...

It's called Devil's Cabinet...check the video I made...hope you like it!!!:

http://www.youtube.com/user/cormatches?f......TTHpcaYY
JL608
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of JL608
That's a great video magic patagonia. I believe the Devil's Cabinet was sold originally by Davenport's in London. I have one in my collection.

I agree that the simple addition of the wall dividing the glass from the ball makes the effect seem even more impossible.

Thanks for posting that.

Joe
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22559 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Magic patagonia, thanks for that demo, it looks really good and magical! Never seen it demoed before. Strong effect!
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-01-28 21:04, JL608 wrote:
That's a great video magic patagonia. I believe the Devil's Cabinet was sold originally by Davenport's in London. I have one in my collection.

I agree that the simple addition of the wall dividing the glass from the ball makes the effect seem even more impossible.

Thanks for posting that.

Joe

Thank you!!!
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-01-29 01:00, wmhegbli wrote:
Magic patagonia, thanks for that demo, it looks really good and magical! Never seen it demoed before. Strong effect!

Thank you!!!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I do it with my Dean's Box.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2010-11-24 11:49, tabman wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-24 11:23, wkitwizard wrote:
Sefalaljia is a close-up one man spirit cabinet routine developed by Stewart James and published in the Jinx issue #69 (December 2, 1939) and later printed in Annemann's Practical Mental Magic.

If you will scroll through several pages of http://Sefalaljia.com you can find a PDF of this issue available for a free download.

My prototype for the 1939 routine is now safely housed in the Stewart James Museum in Toronto but theres lots of pictures on the website.

Happy Turkey Day everyone.

Never found the pdf on that site.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 10:41, magicians wrote:
Never found the pdf on that site.

Go to the bottom of the page and click the link that says either READ MORE or READ ON. Do the same a few more times on the next several pages until you see a miniature photo of a JINX issue.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Thanks, Michael.

For those who want the direct link to the PDF file then click on (it's a 3.5MB file so you may have to wait a few seconds depending on your computer):

http://questx.com/sefalaljia/Jinx69.pdf

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
radamwarner
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
172 Posts

Profile of radamwarner
I am unfamiliar with the inner workings of the trick, but to answer the inquiry about what to do next, how about add some sounds.(one individual mentioned a séance type atmosphere) As you know, many tricks have those suspicious noises that create suspicion. With the right atmosphere, noise might actually help in creating a climax to the effect. Just a thought
radamwarner
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
172 Posts

Profile of radamwarner
The Astroball,as was mentioned, could be placed in a séance type of atmosphere. The case could be introduced in a very theatrical manner-made to appear or have the magician make the glass and ball appear. After the effect, you could speak of and perform the Zombie.
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Hi. I am wondering if anyone could please recommend the best non-thread Astro Ball or Ghost Cabinet effect to buy? Thank you.
Eric.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
472 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
PM sent, erichoudini.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Astro Ball Cabinet (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL