The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Happy Thanksgiving! New Bill Palmer video!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Nashville
660 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
Really glad everyone enjoys these! Turn off the password protection and will have more info soon. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

-Lee

http://www.outofsleight.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Thanks Lee and Bill - another great installment. Looking forward to the next one!
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
For some reason I missed this before. What a riveting and thought-provoking interview! Thank you, Lee and Bill.

Fortasse
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
You are most welcome!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
WoodRat
View Profile
Loyal user
California
233 Posts

Profile of WoodRat
Lee,

Thanks for a great job on the production. It was a pleasure to watch!
Learn something new everyday.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The video will not work for me.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-12-28 21:17, Dynamike wrote:
The video will not work for me.

It works, my bad.

Love it, love it.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
When I hear or read about C&B's history I still feel kind of empty. Wish I could travel back to the past and see how it was done and how it effected the audience back then.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I almost hate to respond to this, because you have a "magic number" of posts right now, and your next post will mess that up!

One theme that runs through the drawings and paintings of people doing the cups and balls that date back to the medieval times, such as the drawings in the various books of the planets, is the idea that there was a gambling element involved.

We know for an absolute fact that Neolithic people gambled. There are Neolithic dice that go back 5000 years. There are some that had fewer than six sides that may go back earlier than that. Some early dice had only two sides, basically like a "heads and tails" situation. If you had a pair of these, there would be four possible combinations.

The Rig-Veda supposedly has some references to the use of dice. I can't read Sanskrit, so I'm at a loss on that one. I may have to find a really good translation to see what's in it.

The concept of a cup having an object hidden or not hidden under it is fairly much a no-brainer. So the idea of gambling with a group of cups is almost archetypical.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-01-02 01:21, Bill Palmer wrote:
I almost hate to respond to this, because you have a "magic number" of posts right now, and your next post will mess that up!

In a couple of years Bill, you will have the most magical number of post, "66666".
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Excellent work. The interview was superb and will certainly whet the appetite for anybody wanting to take up C&B.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thank you very much. Lee does an amazing interview. I hope he can get some of the other folks who come to Nashville to share their knowledge as well.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Happy Thanksgiving! New Bill Palmer video!!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL